Nurse resume sample
Let your nursing skills and experience shine on your resume. For inspiration, view this sample resume for an RN below, and download the nurse resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Search for nurse jobs
Isabelle Smith, rn, cphon®
Sometown, TX 76104 n 555-555-5555 n firstname.lastname@example.org n LinkedIn URL
Registered Nurse | Specializing in Pediatric Care
Registered Nurse deeply committed to providing quality, compassionate patient care. Nursing background includes pediatric oncology, PICU and general pediatrics experience within Level I pediatric trauma center and Magnet®-designated children’s hospital.
Repeatedly recognized for knowledge, expertise and achievements in areas including:
Quality Nursing Care
Clinical & Communication Skills
Meditech & Cerner EMR Tools
Medical Team Collaboration
Parent Education & Training
Accuracy of Charts & Records
Patient & Family Relations
JCAHO & HIPAA Standards
RN, Pediatric Oncology, 5/15 to Present n ABC CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
Provide inpatient nursing care as well as outpatient chemotherapy administration to children receiving treatment for cancer and blood disorders. Coordinate treatment with multidisciplinary healthcare team members to attain optimal health and continuity of care.
RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), 1/12 to 5/15 n DEF HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
RN, Pediatrics, 7/10 to 1/12 n GHI HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
Delivered acute and ambulatory nursing care for newborns, infants, children and adolescents, ranging from wellness visits and routine health exams to treatment for illnesses, injuries and life-threatening conditions (e.g., heart/respiratory failure, overdoses, eating disorders, trauma and infectious diseases).
- Thrived within high-volume settings throughout current employment in children’s hospital and prior tenure within Level I pediatric trauma center.
- Recognized for serving as a patient advocate while communicating effectively with patients, families and caregivers to facilitate outstanding levels of care and service.
- Won supervisor’s praise for coordinating events that helped make prolonged hospital stays more enjoyable for youth suffering from debilitating illnesses and injuries. Planned parties, dances, spa days and scavenger hunts for children.
- Led fundraising with local nonprofits that enabled the expansion of children’s libraries and media centers at both hospitals. Procured donations such as books, DVDs, iPads and game consoles.
- Earned 3 special pin awards at DEF Hospital for superior patient care and lifesaving interventions. Achieved top marks from both employers for strengths in multidisciplinary team collaboration, warm bedside manner and clinical skill areas such as:
Patient Assessment & Vital Signs
Critical & Intensive Care
Chest & Feeding Tube Care
IV Pump Management
Wound & Ostomy Care
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) n ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, TX
Magna cum laude (3.83 GPA) | Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society Inductee | Dean’s List
Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON®), ONCC
Registered Nurse (RN), State of TX n PALS, ACLS, BLS, First Aid and CPR (all current)
Member of: American Nurses Association n Society of Pediatric Nurses n Oncology Nursing Society