Nurse resume sample
Let your nursing skills and experience shine on your resume. For inspiration, view this sample resume for an RN below, and download the nurse resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Search for nurse jobs
Addison Joyce, RN
963 E. Main Street
Helena, MT 59601
Home: 406-555-5220 | email@example.com
Skilled and highly trained healthcare professional with proven experience providing quality, evidence-based patient care within dynamic and high-pressure environments.
- Taking & Recording Vitals
- Basic & Advanced Life Support
- Blood Draws & Phlebotomy
- Emergency & Urgent Care
- JCAHO/HIPAA Compliance
- Electronic Medical Record
- Patient Education & Support
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Medication Administration
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit | St. Andrew’s Hospital, Missoula, MT - 7/2011 to Present
Serve as charge nurse caring for patients with life-threatening illnesses including heart and respiratory failure, overdoses, trauma, and infectious diseases.
- Contribute to development of patient care plans and assessments; earned special pin award for superior patient care and interventions.
- Swiftly respond to patients with substance abuse issues, delivering calm, level-headed solutions to diffuse stressful situations and maintain safety and security of patients and staff.
- Established reputation for nursing excellence, excelling as receptive team member and forging superior relationships with staff and patients.
- Recognized for serving as consistent patient advocate while communicating compassionately and effectively with patients, families, and caregivers to facilitate outstanding level of care and service.
Rehabilitation Nurse | Basic Medical Center, Seattle, WA - 6/2006 to 7/2011
Offered bedside care, treatment, and clinical documentation for 25+ patients per day with cardiac, oncology, and medical-surgical diagnoses within rehabilitation facility.
- Orchestrated interdisciplinary care through close collaboration with MD and ancillary staff; prepared patient chart notes to facilitate admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Performed medication administration, dressing changes, IVs, N/G feedings, and peg tube feedings; monitored equipment patency.
- Contributed to development of patient care plans and assessments; earned special pin award for superior patient care and interventions.
Additional experience as Registered Nurse (RN) from 2004 to 2006 with multiple medical centers, hospitals, and assisted living facilities.
Education & Certificates
Bachelor of Arts in Nursing | Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
Registered Nurse (RN), State of Montana
CPR for Healthcare Workers | BLS/ALS | Phlebotomy