Nurse resume sample
Let your nursing skills and experience shine on your resume. This sample resume for an RN shows you how.
If you're looking for top nursing jobs, know that the need for your skills and expertise is high. To grab the attention of top employers, you need a resume that shows you can fulfill the demands of the job. Now, as a registered nurse, you're very used to providing care and attention to patients in need. But how prepared are you to tend to your resume? To help your nursing skills and experience shine, view this sample resume for an RN below, and download the nurse resume template in Word.
Jobs for nurses are projected to grow by 15% (or 438,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and Boston.
As a nurse, you can expect to earn a median wage of $70,000 per year, or $33.65 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can apply to nurse jobs on Monster.
Nurse resume template
Isabelle Smith, rn, cphon®
Sometown, TX 76104 • 555-555-5555 • email@example.com
Registered Nurse | Specializing in Pediatric Care
Registered Nurse deeply committed to providing quality, compassionate patient care. Nursing background includes pediatric oncology, PICU and general pediatrics experience within Level I pediatric trauma center and Magnet®-designated children’s hospital.
Repeatedly recognized for knowledge, expertise and achievements in areas including:
Quality Nursing Care
Clinical & Communication Skills
Meditech & Cerner EMR Tools
Medical Team Collaboration
Parent Education & Training
Accuracy of Charts & Records
Patient & Family Relations
JCAHO & HIPAA Standards
RN, Pediatric Oncology, 5/15 to Present • ABC CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
Provide inpatient nursing care as well as outpatient chemotherapy administration to children receiving treatment for cancer and blood disorders. Coordinate treatment with multidisciplinary healthcare team members to attain optimal health and continuity of care.
RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), 1/12 to 5/15 • DEF HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
RN, Pediatrics, 7/10 to 1/12 • GHI HOSPITAL — Sometown, TX
Delivered acute and ambulatory nursing care for newborns, infants, children and adolescents, ranging from wellness visits and routine health exams to treatment for illnesses, injuries and life-threatening conditions (e.g., heart/respiratory failure, overdoses, eating disorders, trauma and infectious diseases).
- Thrived within high-volume settings throughout current employment in children’s hospital and prior tenure within Level I pediatric trauma center.
- Recognized for serving as a patient advocate while communicating effectively with patients, families and caregivers to facilitate outstanding levels of care and service.
- Won supervisor’s praise for coordinating events that helped make prolonged hospital stays more enjoyable for youth suffering from debilitating illnesses and injuries. Planned parties, dances, spa days and scavenger hunts for children.
- Led fundraising with local nonprofits that enabled the expansion of children’s libraries and media centers at both hospitals. Procured donations such as books, DVDs, iPads and game consoles.
- Earned 3 special pin awards at DEF Hospital for superior patient care and lifesaving interventions. Achieved top marks from both employers for strengths in multidisciplinary team collaboration, warm bedside manner and clinical skill areas such as:
Patient Assessment & Vital Signs
Critical & Intensive Care
Chest & Feeding Tube Care
IV Pump Management
Wound & Ostomy Care
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) • ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, TX
Magna cum laude (3.83 GPA) | Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society Inductee | Dean’s List
Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON®), ONCC
Registered Nurse (RN), State of TX • PALS, ACLS, BLS, First Aid and CPR (all current)
Member of: American Nurses Association • Society of Pediatric Nurses • Oncology Nursing Society
Job search next steps
As an industry, health care is skyrocketing, which means qualified candidates such as yourself are in high demand. Whether you picture yourself working in a hospital, private practice, clinic, or elsewhere, your first step to landing the job is having an excellent resume. Could you use some help making sure it's a cut above the rest? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster prepare you for a healthy job search!