Sample resume for an entry-level computer programmer
If you're launching your programming career, your resume has to be as clean as your code. Check out this entry-level programmer resume for ideas.
Are you just beginning your programming career? To be a successful candidate for programming jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For ideas, check out this sample resume for an entry-level computer programmer that Isaacs created below, or download the entry-level computer programmer resume template. Additionally, you can search for computer programmer jobs on Monster.
Because computer programming can be done from anywhere in the world, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), your job search parameters are limitless. That said, you'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and New Jersey; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles.
As a computer programmer, you can expect to earn a median wage of $82,240 per year, or $39.54 per hour, according to the BLS.
Entry-Level Computer Programmer resume template
Sometown, NH 03824
Home: (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | LinkedIn url
ENTRY-LEVEL COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
- Honors student of ABC University’s BS in IT program. Academic credentials are reinforced by programming experience gained during internship with ABC Company.
- Consistently commended by professors and internship supervisorfor programming abilities, grasp of multiple technologies and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programing and application development tools using Microsoft VB.Net, C#, .Net, C++, ASP.Net; Python and VBA.
- Known as a self-starter, team player and multitasker--strive to consistently exceed expectations.
ABC UNIVERSITY - Sometown, NH
Bachelor of Science, Major in Information Technology Program, Currently Enrolled, GPA: 3.85/4.0
- Honors: Graduated cum laude (GPA: 3.53); inductee, Golden Key Honor Society; recipient, John Doe Academic Scholarship; Dean’s List, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Senior Project: Earned “A” grade on capstone project as co-developer of Web-based, customized enterprise software solution that integrated business processes for a nonprofit organization. Delivered turnkey application that reduced manual data entry, saving hundreds of personnel hours monthly.
- Course Highlights: Enterprise Application Development, Security, Java/C/VB Programming, IT Project Management, Database Programming, Web Design, Computer Architecture
ABC Company, Sometown, NH
Computer Programmer Intern, 2016 to Present
- Handled database and Web site programming tasks (primarily using Java, C, C++, HTML and SharePoint), working an average of 15 hours per week while maintaining a 3.5 GPA.
- Redesigned Internet and intranet pages. Used SEO best practices to optimize Web site for search engine rankings and improved functionality of company database.
- Resolved memory corruption and other technical issues by leveraging strengths in coding, debugging and integration testing.
- Programming/Languages: VB.Net; C#; .Net; C; C++; ASP.Net; Python, VBA, Java, Visual Basic; SharePoint; PHP; MySQL; HTML; Ant
- Databases Management: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, MS Access
- Design & IDE Tools: Rational Rose, UML, WSAD, Oracle WebLogic Server
- Systems: Windows Server 2016, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X
- Volunteered during summers for Habitat for Humanity and ABC Homeless Shelter.
QA test your resume for greatness
What you write—whether it's code or resumes—indicates to hiring managers just how qualified you are for a job. Once your resume is polished and ready to go, you need to test it, just like you would a software program. Could you use some help with QA? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way your resume won't return any error messages.