Sample resume for an entry-level computer programmer
If you're launching your programming career, your resume has to be as clean as your code. Check out this entry-level programmer resume for ideas.
Are you just beginning your programming career? To be a successful candidate for programming jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For ideas, check out this sample resume for an entry-level computer programmer that Isaacs created below, or download the entry-level computer programmer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level Computer Programmer resume template
Sometown, NH 03824
Home: (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | LinkedIn url
ENTRY-LEVEL COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
- Honors student of ABC University’s BS in IT program. Academic credentials are reinforced by programming experience gained during internship with ABC Company.
- Consistently commended by professors and internship supervisorfor programming abilities, grasp of multiple technologies and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programing and application development tools using Microsoft VB.Net, C#, .Net, C++, ASP.Net; Python and VBA.
- Known as a self-starter, team player and multitasker--strive to consistently exceed expectations.
ABC UNIVERSITY - Sometown, NH
Bachelor of Science, Major in Information Technology Program, Currently Enrolled, GPA: 3.85/4.0
- Honors: Graduated cum laude (GPA: 3.53); inductee, Golden Key Honor Society; recipient, John Doe Academic Scholarship; Dean’s List, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Senior Project: Earned “A” grade on capstone project as co-developer of Web-based, customized enterprise software solution that integrated business processes for a nonprofit organization. Delivered turnkey application that reduced manual data entry, saving hundreds of personnel hours monthly.
- Course Highlights: Enterprise Application Development, Security, Java/C/VB Programming, IT Project Management, Database Programming, Web Design, Computer Architecture
ABC Company, Sometown, NH
Computer Programmer Intern, 2016 to Present
- Handled database and Web site programming tasks (primarily using Java, C, C++, HTML and SharePoint), working an average of 15 hours per week while maintaining a 3.5 GPA.
- Redesigned Internet and intranet pages. Used SEO best practices to optimize Web site for search engine rankings and improved functionality of company database.
- Resolved memory corruption and other technical issues by leveraging strengths in coding, debugging and integration testing.
- Programming/Languages: VB.Net; C#; .Net; C; C++; ASP.Net; Python, VBA, Java, Visual Basic; SharePoint; PHP; MySQL; HTML; Ant
- Databases Management: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, MS Access
- Design & IDE Tools: Rational Rose, UML, WSAD, Oracle WebLogic Server
- Systems: Windows Server 2016, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X