Sample Resume for a Midlevel Computer Programmer
Your computer programming career may be on track, but does your resume still need a little debugging? Check out our sample programmer resume to see.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Your computer programming career may be on track, but does your resume still need some debugging? To find out, view the sample resume for a midlevel programmer that Isaacs created below, or download the midlevel computer programmer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Midlevel Computer Programmer Resume Sample
Sometown, AZ 86001
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Solutions-driven programmer with a four-year track record of commended performance in modular and object-oriented programming. Well-versed in all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a strong working knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Proven success engineering customized solutions improving business processes, operations and profitability.
- Software Development
- Solutions Deployment
- User Training & Support
- OOAD & RAD
- GUI Design
- Requirements Definition
- Coding & Scripting
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Testing & Documentation
TECHNOLOGY SUMMARYProgramming: Java, C, C++, XML, SQL, HTML, Perl, Visual Basic
Software: MS Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Oracle
Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Macintosh OS X
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEABC COMPANY (Software firm providing solutions to the banking industry) -- Sometown, AZ
Programmer / Analyst, 2014 to Present
Create and customize software applications and tools using advanced development and coding techniques. Manage all phases of application design -- from coding and prototyping through system testing, integration and deployment. Results:
- Served as a member of electronic placement project team, developing strategies to ensure compliance with new industry standards for electronic exchange.
- Regarded as a key member of pre-sales team closing large contracts (average of $2.5M annually). Develop custom software solutions that help customers make more informed decisions, improve their use of capital and manage risk more effectively.
- Developed and enhanced programs using Java, C and C++, contributing to solutions that streamlined processes, increased accuracy and lowered costs. Developed back-office application that saved client more than $125K annually.
Intern / Programmer, 2010 to 2014
Hired as a full-time programmer following commended performance in initial intern role. Results:
- Enhanced DEF Bank reporting subsystem that provided new functionality to reporting functions that were previously unavailable.
- Worked on yearlong project creating interface with core MIDAS system to enable automated report generation. Saved thousands of hours annually while increasing accuracy from less than 90% to 99.9%.
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Sometown, AZ | BS in Information Technology, Minor in Finance
DEF COMMUNITY COLLEGE -- Sometown, AZ | AS in Computer Information Science