Dental assistant resume sample
Does your resume need a thorough checkup before you apply for your next dental assistant job? Examine our sample resume for a dental assistant here.
To be a successful candidate for dental assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Is updating your resume like getting a root canal? For ideas on how you can give your resume a routine cleaning, check out our dental assistant resume sample that Isaacs created below. You can also download the dental assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about healthcare careers on Monster.
Dental Assistant Resume Sample
Mindy Rogers, CDA
Sometown, FL 32074
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Certified Dental Assistant
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) offering excellent clinical and customer relations skills gained through seven years of experience within high-volume dental practices. Display a warm, friendly demeanor and gentle touch during all dental procedures, earning consistent praise from patients and employers. Efficient and precise in chairside dental assisting.
Florida Department of Health Certified Dental Radiographer | CEREC Certified | CPR Certified
Clinical & Computer Skills
Teeth Cleaning | Dental Radiographs
Bleaching Tray & Temporary Crown Fabrications | Instrument Sterilization
Temporary Fillings | Periodontal Dressings | Operatory Preparation
Model Casting | Preliminary Oral Health Exams | Fluoride & Sealant Applications
Dexis | Dentrix | Eaglesoft
ABC DENTAL ASSOCIATES, Sometown, FL
Dental Assistant, 2015 to Present
- Efficiently manage patient care, office and laboratory duties within a multispecialty dental group employing 15 dentists and 32 dental assistants.
- Expose and process dental X-rays; maintain patient records and lab equipment; sterilize instruments; assist office manager with patient scheduling, billing and insurance claims; and educate patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Maintain clean, sterile and positive environments optimizing patient comfort and safety.
- Built a loyal patient following; frequently requested by patients to serve as their dental assistant.
DEF DENTAL OFFICE, Sometown, FL
Dental Assistant, 2005 to 2015
- Worked chairside assisting family dentist with routine cleaning and specialized procedures, making patients feel as relaxed as possible and preparing them for treatment.
- Gained experience in exposing and processing X-rays; fabricating crowns, pouring impressions, trimming models and preparing orthodontic equipment; and assisting with extractions, impactions, fillings, implants, local anesthesia, suture placements/removals and biopsies.
Dental Assistant Training
ABC DENTAL TRAINING SCHOOL, Sometown, FL
Dental Assisting Diploma (CODA-accredited program)
DENTAL ASSISTING NATIONAL BOARD (DANB)
Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
GHI PROGRAM, Sometown, FL
Completed Florida Board of Dentistry-approved radiology course