Film production sample resume
View this sample resume for film production, or download the film production resume template in Word.
Need to take action on your own resume? See how this nontraditional grad highlights her film production experience in this example resume below, and download the film production sample resume in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
1561 Elm Street ▪ Los Angeles, California 90406
firstname.lastname@example.org ▪ 323.460.5023
- Film and Television Production: Wide-ranging knowledge of film and video projects from inception to completion. Effective at organizing and coordinating shoots; experience using production equipment. Conduct script analysis and contribute to script changes. Ability to write and edit scenes, treatments, and scripts; competent in film and sound editing.
- Administration and Communication: Provide efficient administrative support for a diverse array of program participants and staff. Prioritize and organize workloads to meet strict deadlines; train and support team members. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external groups.
- Technical Proficiencies: Adobe Premiere, ProTools, Final Cut Pro X, AVID, Flatbed Editing, Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, iMovie, MS Office, Arriflex 235 and Sony Digital Video Cameras, Studio Floor Camera.
- Strengths and Accomplishments: Enthusiastic and creative; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and objectives. Excellent organizational and communication talents; solid skills in improving productivity and efficiency while reducing costs. Served as Production Sound / Sound Editor for Student Emmy Award-winning film.
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Film/Video Production (2015)
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Art (2013)
University of California, Berkeley, California
- Director/ Director of Photography
- “Life” – Digital Video Short Film
- “Locked In” – Digital Video Short Film
- “Unfaithful” – Digital Video Short Film
- Director of Photography / Edito
- “Uncomfortable” – 16mm Short Film
- “The Journal” – 16mm Short Film
- Writer/Director/Sound Editor
- “Chronicle” – 16mm Short Film
- Production Sound / Sound Editor
- “Working the Inner City” – Documentary
- “Blast” – Student Emmy Award-Winning Documentary
- “Resonance” – 16mm Short Film
- “Swan” – HD Short Film
- Assistant Producer
- “No Hope” – 35mm Short Film
University of Southern California,
School of Cinema – Los Angeles, California 2013 − 2015
Film and Production, Graduate Student
Cast, directed, and co-produced numerous film and video projects. Planned, organized, and budgeted film shoots utilizing Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling. Edited projects and assigned scenes using Adobe Premiere and AVID. Performed sound editing in ProTools. Wrote scenes, treatments, and portions of scripts.
- Located and secured approval for land at low cost, assisted in casting, and provided input on final picture and sound edit for Senior Project.
- Commended by Directors for sense of humor that played a key role in diffusing tension and ensuring successful shoots.
Lucerne Publishing, Los Angeles, California - 2010 − 2013
Production Coordinator (concurrent with education)
Organized information and edited and composed text for “The Entertainment Guide” (750-page publication). Assisted in determining interview questions in accordance with Production policies.
- Frequently worked numerous additional hours to meet strict deadlines.
University of California, Berkeley, California - 2006 − 2008
Evaluated petition requests for exceptions to general program requirements, ensuring consistency of policies. Tracked student progress in degree programs. Provided administrative support for over 100 Ph.D. students, 500 Master’s Degree students, and faculty. Resolved billing and registration problems. Responded to more than 50 e-mail messages daily. Oriented new employees to departmental policies and procedures. Communicated extensively with the Dean, other offices and program coordinators in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
- Improved efficiency and reduced costs by introducing automated communication processes.
- Successfully organized induction ceremony for Beta Gamma Sigma international society of business school honors graduates.
- Instrumental in major improvement of relations between Student Affairs Office and students.