Sample resume for a teacher
Want to land a job in education? Get started by teaching yourself how to write a job-winning resume by checking out this sample.
Does your resume get an A+, or is it barely passing? To be considered for top teacher jobs, it helps to have a resume that puts you at the head of the class. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a teacher, then download the teacher resume template in Word. You can also see a sample resume for an elementary school teacher here.
Additionally, you can learn more about education careers on Monster.
Sample resume for a teacher
Sometown, NY | Phone: 555.555.5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
New York State-Certified Special Education Teacher | Grades K-12
Certified Autism Specialist (CAS) experienced in: ABA…PECS…Assistive Technologies…IEP & Inclusion Strategies
- Student-centered educator with public and private teaching experience that spans both special education and inclusive classrooms as well as one-on-one settings.
- Deeply committed to optimizing student success, IEP progress and learning outcomes for K-12th graders on the autism spectrum. Qualifications include MS in special education, NYS teaching certification and CAS designation.
- Creative and resourceful in adapting instructional strategies to meet unique student needs. Design positive approaches and proactive interventions advancing learner engagement; academic achievement; cognitive development; and social, behavioral and communication improvements.
XYZ ACADEMY — City, NY (Private school for ASD youth)
Elementary Teacher (Grades 2-5), 8/13 to Present
ABC MIDDLE SCHOOL — City, NY (Urban public school)
Special Education Teacher (Grades 6-8), 8/11 to 6/13
At XYZ Academy, teach elementary school subjects to children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in grades 2-5. Previously at ABC, taught middle school students with special needs and learning differences within special education classrooms and inclusive general education settings. Key Contributions:
- Recognized for teaching excellence, enthusiastic instruction and “above-and-beyond” commitment to maximizing learning outcomes and student success.
- Selected as special education team lead at ABC and as peer mentor at XYZ. Coached teachers in best practices for curriculum modification, IEP design, lesson planning, instructional delivery, learner evaluation, classroom management and safe behavioral intervention strategies for learning-different and special needs students.
- Authored grant that secured $15K in federal funds for the purchase of assistive technologies for special education students used to bolster learner engagement, understanding and subject mastery.
- Led “buddy” program partnering special and general education teachers and students in the same classroom for selected subjects. Improved grade-level performance of special needs and general population students by an average of 12% and 5%, respectively, while advancing school goals of increased tolerance/acceptance.
DEF CENTER — City, NY (Private learning center providing ABA and academic tutoring services to children with ASD)
ABA Therapist / Instructor (Ages 3-8), 6/08 to 7/11 | Private Tutor (Grades 6-12), 6/08 to 5/10
Worked under Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to deliver customized, one-on-one ABA therapy furthering the progress, development and goal attainment of verbal and nonverbal children with ASD. Also provided in-home tutoring in math and science to middle/high school students with high-functioning autism.
Education & Credentials
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, NY | MS in Special Education | BS in Special Education
|New York State Teaching Certifications: