Learn how to highlight your customer service skills and experience.
Your hostess resume needs to entice fussy food industry hiring managers with the kinds of customer service skills and experience that are needed in this line of work. Whether you're looking for host or hostess jobs in a restaurant, café, or diner, you need a clean, professional resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs.
For writing tips, view this sample resume for a hostess that Isaacs created below, or download the hostess resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the states with the most employment for hosts and hostesses are:
And also in the following areas
Additionally, you can search for all host/hostess jobs on Monster.
Sometown, CA 94016 * 555.555.5555 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Restaurant Hostess
- Personable, energetic, and reliable hospitality professional with a history of exemplary-rated performance as a hostess for popular, high-volume restaurants.
- Friendly and upbeat in all guest interactions. Diplomatic in handling sensitive situations and efficient in managing smooth front-of-house operations.
- Valued for work ethic and “can-do” attitude—cheerfully pitch in where needed to deliver a premium guest experience.
̶ Customer Service
̶ Cleanliness and Sanitation
̶ Customer Communications
̶ Front-of-House Operations
̶ Sales and Menu Upselling
̶ Diplomatic Complaint Handling
̶ Reservation Management
̶ Table Turnover Management
̶ POS Register Systems
ABC Restaurant — Sometown, CA
Casual dining restaurant serving lunch and dinner.
Hostess, 5/2018 to 7/2020 (furloughed due to COVID-19)
Greeted customers warmly; provided accurate wait-time estimates during peak dining periods; seated guests; and explained daily menu specials. Booked reservations for private functions and assisted with opening and closing procedures. Key Accomplishments:
- Ensured patrons felt valued from the moment they arrived until their departure. Offered guests a friendly greeting immediately upon entering and sincere thanks when leaving.
- Praised by manager for excellent customer service skills; on-time record; and willingness to assist bussers, servers, and bar staff during busy shifts.
- Focused on cleanliness at all times, regularly cleaning and sanitizing guest touchpoints.
XYZ Restaurant — Sometown, CA
Busy oceanside bistro offering casual fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.
Hostess, 6/2015 to 5/2018
Booked reservations, welcomed guests, assisted with F&B service, processed payments, and inquired about guests’ dining experience upon their departure. Key Accomplishments:
- Kept waitlist updated and consistently communicated accurate seating times to guests.
- Helped accelerate table turnover for breakfast, lunch, and brunch service from an average of one hour to 45 minutes by stepping in to expedite food & beverage service and checkout.
- Maintained an efficient, organized front-of-house environment. Rotated seating between different restaurant stations to create even workloads for waitstaff.
DEF High School — Sometown, CA
Academic Diploma, 6/2015
A Valuable Tip for Your Hostess Resume
Once your resume is ready to be served, it needs to impress hiring managers in order for it to do you any good. Not sure yours is ready for a seat at the table? A free resume review from Monster can give you peace of mind that your qualifications and experience are properly presented and look professional.