Sample Resume for a Construction/Carpenter’s Assistant
Build a strong foundation for your career in construction or carpentry with a solid resume. View the sample resume below and download the construction/carpenter's assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for construction workers are projected to grow by 12% (or 180,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, and Los Angeles.
As a construction worker, you can expect to earn a median wage of $33,450 per year, or $16.08 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about construction careers on Monster.
Construction/Carpenter's Assistant Resume Sample
Sometown, CA 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Career Goal: Construction | Carpenter’s Assistant
Reliable, quality-focused construction assistant seeking a full-time position in the industry. Offer hands-on building and remodeling skills gained through experience as a home-remodeling assistant and sales assistant for ABC Home Improvement Store. Strong knowledge of residential construction and remodeling techniques, tools, equipment and materials.
ABC HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE, Sometown, CA (Leading national building supply retail chain)
Sales Associate, Tool Department, 5/13 to Present
Meet department’s sales and service objectives and handle special orders, delivery services and inventory tracking. Interact extensively with customers, answering questions and recommending products that meet their needs. Selected Achievements:
- Completed training in sales and customer service, as well as specialized training in multiple product areas such as tools, electrical, plumbing, lumber, flooring, lighting, hardware and garden.
- Developed a solid knowledge of an extensive array of tools, hardware and building materials.
- Helped increase sales to #1 ranking district-wide for five consecutive months -- a first for the department.
- Commended for excellent consultative sales and customer service skills on performance reviews.
DEF CoMPANY, Sometown, CA (Residential construction and remodeling firm)
Assistant Remodeler (part-time), 2/11 to Present
Assist owner with residential remodeling projects, including carpentry, roofing, plumbing, masonry and tile work. Ensure optimal work quality and customer service. Selected Achievements:
- Assisted in the completion of 12 home-remodeling projects (budgets up to $150K). Projects ranged from installing simple fixtures to doubling the square footage of a home.
- Gained practical, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of home construction and remodeling.
- Earned a reputation as a trusted assistant: “Mark is my right-hand man…I can always count on him to show up early, produce high-quality work and keep a positive attitude throughout the day…” -- Richard Sussex, Owner
XYZ COLLEGE, Sometown, CA
- Associate of Arts, General Studies, 5/10
Available for short-term projects | CA driver’s license | Excellent references