Sample Resume for a Construction/Carpenter’s Assistant
Build a strong foundation for your career in construction or carpentry with a solid resume. View the sample resume below and download the construction/carpenter's assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about construction careers on Monster.
Construction/Carpenter's Assistant Resume Sample
15 Applebee Road
Sometown, CA 55555
- Insulation & drywall work
- Painting & finishing
- Roofing & siding
- Tile & trim work
- Windows & doors installation
- Cabinets & appliances installation
- Handicap accessibility projects
ABC HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE, Sometown, CA (Leading national building supply retail chain)
Sales Associate, Tool Department, 5/06 to Present
Meet department's sales and service objectives and handle special orders, delivery services and inventory tracking. Interact extensively with customers, answering questions and recommending products that meet their needs.
- Completed extensive training in sales and customer service, as well as specialized training in multiple product areas including tools, electrical, plumbing, lumber, flooring, lighting, hardware and garden.
- Developed a solid knowledge of an extensive array of tools, hardware and building materials.
- Helped increase sales to #1 ranking district-wide for five consecutive months -- a first for the department.
- Commended for excellent consultative sales and customer service skills on performance reviews.
DEF COMPANY, Sometown, CA (Residential construction and remodeling firm)
Assistant Remodeler (part-time), 2/08 to Present
Assist owner with residential remodeling projects, including carpentry, roofing, plumbing, masonry and tile work. Ensure optimal work quality and customer service.
- Assisted in the completion of 12 home remodeling projects (budgets up to $150K). Projects ranged from installing simple fixtures to doubling the square footage of a home.
- Gained practical, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of home construction and remodeling.
- Earned a reputation as a trusted assistant: "Mark is my right-hand man…I can always count on him to show up early, produce high-quality work and keep a positive attitude throughout the day..." -- Richard Sussex, Owner
ZYX COLLEGE, Sometown, CA
- A.A. degree, General Studies, 5/06