Sample resume for a financial analyst
Need to beef up or revamp your resume? Review this sample to see how to make the most of your credentials.
Need to beef up or revamp your resume in order to be considered for the top financial analyst jobs? Review this sample resume for a financial analyst below to see how to make the most of your credentials, and download the financial analyst resume sample in Word.
Jobs for financial analysts are projected to grow by 11% (or 32,200 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: New York, California, Texas, Illinois, and Florida; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Boston, Houston, and Washington D.C.
As a financial analyst, you can expect to earn a median wage of $84,300 per year, or $40.53 per hour, according to the BLS.
Financial analyst resume template
Peyton A. Garrett
5127 “Q” Street • Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15122
H 412.555.1595 • email@example.com
Detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst with background leveraging CPA credentials and hands-on experience in quantitative / statistical analysis, budgeting, accounting, and forecasting.
- Provide robust modeling and reporting to facilitate executive-level decision making.
- Strong analytical skills; support operations through analysis of key performance indicators and trends.
- Consensus-driven communicator; liaise across various business units and promote organizational success.
- Rapidly adapt to new technologies and possess expertise with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and broad range of statistical software.
- Strategy Development
- Risk Management
- Corporate Finance
- Performance Optimization
- Effective Communication
- Relationship Management
- Concept Implementation
- Financial Accounting
- Documentation & Reporting
Senior Financial Analyst - 6/2014-Present
Silas Industries Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Review financial statements and analyze sales revenues, costs, expenses, and tax rates for all business units of leading process automation company. Develop detailed spreadsheets to identify trends and develop forecasts. Consolidate and analyze monthly results and budgets. Create and deliver presentations, providing recommendations on short- and long-range ROI.
- Spearheaded due diligence for $5.2-billion joint venture, identifying key risk factors and forecasting investment viability.
- Established new forecasting tracking and management reporting system to improve availability and accuracy of financial data, triggering 15% increase in accuracy.
Financial Analyst - 8/2009-5/2014
Morgan & Doakes, Inc, Oakmont, Pennsylvania
Conducted quantitative analysis of financial data to forecast revenue, identify future trends, and assess risk associated with capital expenditures, acquisitions, and joint-venture projects for large real estate investment firm. Compiled and reviewed complex data to assess multimillion-dollar accounts and business units. Developed comprehensive reports, abstracts, and charts to present data and guide investment strategies. Performed ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Integral in ensuring due diligence involving $12-million acquisition.
- Improved operational efficiency of finance systems by 9% through implementation of streamlined data-management procedures.
- Contributed to 12% growth trend by developing strategic recommendations for management regarding long-range planning.
Finance Intern - 4/2009-7/2009
Fischer & Sons, LLC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Assisted with financial analysis, forecasting, and risk assessment for a boutique investment firm. Supported and collaborated with Senior Financial Analyst in executing buy-sell process.
Master of Science in Accounting – 2013 | University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Economics & Finance – 2009 | Point Park University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Increase your resume's potential
When people want advice on the market and investment opportunities, they turn to you. So when it comes time for you to make a smart decision about your future, say, when you're looking for a new job, you understand the value of a professional opinion. Take your resume, for example. It's an important first step in any job search. It has to show your skills and experience, while also demonstrating the value you'd bring to a company. Want to make sure it's a cut about the competition? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Think of it as risk management.