Sample resume for a marketing communications manager
Looking to market yourself for a marketing communications manager position? Check out this sample resume for guidance.
In marketing, you know the value of a solid presentation—and you know how a poor presentation can ultimately sink the proverbial ship. Think of your resume as your professional presentation. So if you're looking to promote yourself for marketing communications manager jobs, view the sample resume below, and download the marketing communications manager resume template in Word.
Jobs for marketing communications managers are projected to grow by 10% (or 23,800 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is higher than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts, and New Jersey; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, and Atlanta.
As a marketing communications manager, you can expect to earn a median wage of $129,380 per year, or $62.20 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about marketing careers on Monster.
Marketing communications manager resume sample
Sometown, NY 55555 l Phone: 555-555-5555 l email@example.com l LinkedIn URL
Marketing Communications Manager
- Nationally award-winning marcom professional with proven success leading corporate marketing and internal communications for multimillion-dollar companies across diverse industries.
- Leader of creative teams, multimedia divisions and corporate communications departments. Conceptualize, develop and execute marketing campaigns that build memorable brands.
- Expert in the technical, conceptual and content development of sales-driving collateral. Produce record-high marketing campaign response rates and execute successful product launches.
Award of Excellence for Outstanding Advertising (ABC Co “Road Warrior” campaign)
Gold Award for Most Effective Campaign (ABC Co “Open Road” direct mail campaign)
Award of Excellence for Innovative Messaging (ABC Co “Automotive Drive” campaign)
President’s Award for Successful Product Rollout (ABC Co “Hit the High Road” campaign)
ABC COmpany, Sometown, NY – Sells automotive supplies and parts
Marketing Communications Manager, 1/2012 to Present
Manage corporate marketing and communications functions, overseeing a $1.3M budget and 8-member team. Direct brand management, PR, media relations, corporate positioning, product launches, advertising, sales collateral and tradeshow marketing.
- Developed and launched integrated, multi-channel print, catalog, web and direct marketing campaigns that propelled sales from $3.2M (2012) to a projected $15.5M by 2017 year-end.
- Led market launch of 21 products. Identified opportunities, researched new product possibilities, collaborated with engineering team and created campaigns generating $4.6M in new annual sales.
- Created web portal to transform previously archaic intranet into a dynamic portal improving communication flow and adding an effective sales tool for field reps.
- Wrote catalogs, course guides and training brochures that enhanced the sales reps’ understanding of complex product features and helped them sell more effectively.
- Performed ongoing customer/market research and demographic profiling to identify and capitalize on unmet market needs ahead of the curve.
- Produced media kit that demonstrated key marketing analytics and demographics for use in sales presentations. Efforts were credited as instrumental in closing numerous high-level deals.
- Leveraged strengths in cost-effective marketing management and vendor negotiations to end each year an average of 15% under-budget.
DEF Company, Sometown, NY – Full-service advertising, marketing and PR agency
Marketing Supervisor, 12/2009 to 12/2011
Developed marketing programs for business-to-business clients. Used an integrated approach to create balanced programs for clients to build their respective brands.
- Expanded client base by 78% in two years by consistently delivering goal-surpassing marketing results and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Closed new accounts as a member of business-development team, including a $1.5M win with Action Company and a $1.2M win with JFK Corp.
- Earned commendations from client executives for communication deliverables that targeted desired audiences and articulated the value of products and services.
GHI Company, Sometown, NY – Leading advertising, direct marketing and communications agency
Creative Director, 1/2004 to 12/2009
Manager, Creative Services, 8/2002 to 1/2004
Copywriter, 6/2000 to 8/2002
Advanced through a series of promotions, culminating in oversight of group copy division and 6-member creative team. Created concept and copy for journal ads, direct mail campaigns and sales collateral for diverse clients and projects.
- Served as primary copywriter on advertising campaigns for large accounts and new product launches.
- Assumed a lead role in pitch team meetings, and helped close major accounts ($500K to $1M+ initial contracts).
- Generated campaign response-rates of between 6% and 8% (up to 4 times the industry average).
Adobe Creative Cloud; MS Project; Crystal Reports; MS Office including OneNote, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel; ColdFusion; Documentum; social media platforms; Google Analytics; SEO; Web Server Administration; Content Management Systems (CMS); public relations-focused tools such as PR Newswire, Cision and Hootsuite
ABC University, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Science
Major: Communications | Minor: English
Portfolio on Request | Available for Relocation
Job search next steps
As a marketing communications professional, you know the importance strategy plays in getting your message across. The same holds true for your resume. It has to clearly convey your skills and experience, not to mention the value you'd bring to the company. Could your resume use some help persuading hiring managers to take the next step? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Think of it as an investment in your personal branding.