Sample Resume for a Retail Manager
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Need a little help selling yourself with your resume? View the sample resume below, and download the retail manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about retail careers on Monster.
Retail Manager Resume Sample
98669 W 109th Blvd
New York, New York 10002
Visual Merchandising / Store Design / Profit Optimization
Process Improvement / Inventory and Cost Control / Staff Development
Seasoned, results-producing management professional with extensive experience leading profit-generating operations through innovative merchandising, pricing and discounting, and focus on continuous product turnover. Effective leader skilled in developing highly productive, sales-driven teams by implementing customer-focused training and sales programs. Exceptional ability to establish rapport with customers, gain trust, and build strong repeat and referral business. Proven record of effective short- and long-range tactical planning and improving operational processes to reduce shrink and achieve optimal profitability.
Management and Sales Strengths:
- Merchandising / Product Presentation
- Purchasing and Vendor Management
- Operations Analysis / Inventory Planning
- Cost Reduction and Shrink Avoidance
- Sales Training and Team Building
- Recruiting and Staffing Initiatives
- Budget Administration / Oversight
- Change / Turnaround Management
Dupre Outfitters – New York, New York 9/2011 to Present
Oversee operations for leading general merchandise retailer with 75 stores and $800M in annual revenue.
Direct day-to-day operations of 80,000 sq. ft. store generating more than $12M in annual revenue. Recruit, train, mentor, and manage 70-member team, ensuring continuous delivery of outstanding customer service. Supervise five department managers, providing coaching and engendering accountability for store results and staff performance. Develop and implement strategic merchandising plans to achieve revenue objectives and reduce expenditures while ensuring payroll remains within budget.
- Consistently exceeded annual goals in key metrics, such as profit, sales, employee retention, and customer service.
- Led highly $2M end-to-end remodel of store in July 2012.
- Received the 2013 “Leadership Excellence Award” as recognition for exceptional professional achievement in meeting corporate objectives.
Kosmo Imports – New York, New York 11/2008 to 8/2011
Assistant Store Manager
Charged with managing a range of key operational functions for major imports company with eight locations and $23M in annual revenue.
Coordinated efforts to restore profitability and reputation of under-performing location with 26 employees. Implemented new policies and procedures, including various initiatives designed to increase sales and client loyalty. Co-facilitated launch of new store; developed new-hire training and orientation materials.
- Played key role in boosting profitability by 46% and customer satisfaction rating by 23% within first ten months in position.
- Reduced shrink from 1.2% to 0.3% through implementation of improved merchandising and inventory procedures.
Alpine Ski Ridge – Coeur D’Alene, Idaho 3/2002 to 10/2008
Provided top-notch customer service in support of clothing retailer with 14 locations across three states.
Assisted customers in selecting merchandise, answering questions, and quickly resolving concerns. Participated in ongoing training and customer care clinics. Coached and mentored new associates in sales strategies and internal policies.
- Received “Outstanding Customer Service” award for each quarter of 2003.
- Achieved lowest returns percentage on all merchandise for three consecutive years.
- Earned perfect scores on all secret shopper reports.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) · Montana State University – Bozeman, Montana (2008)
Bachelor of Science in History · University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado (2006)
Retail Advertising & Marketing Association – RAMA (2008 to Present)
National Retail Federation (2010 to Present)