Sample resume for a social media manager
These resume writing tips for a social media manager will get you plenty of shares and likes.
Are you a social media maven? Spin that experience into a powerful resume that will connect you to great social media jobs. View the sample resume for a social media manager below, and download the social media manager resume template in Word.
Jobs for social media managers are projected to grow by 10% (Or 23,800 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: New York, Illinois, California, Massachusetts, and Texas; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
As a social media manager, you can expect to make a median wage of $129,380 per year, or $62.20 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about how to become a social media manager.
Social Media Manager Resume Sample
Barbara Ann Jones
(516) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL | Facebook URL
MyPortfolio.com | Blog | Twitter Handle | Instagram URL | Link to download text and PDF resumes
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media campaigns. Work closely with clients to develop and execute a proactive, social content calendar, managing all phases digital marketing initiatives from concept through delivery and optimization.
Partial List of Tools (full list available at myportfolio.com)
- Social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Tumblr
- Platforms, tools and analytics: Sprinklr, Salesforce Radian6, SocialOomph, Hootsuite, WordPress, LinkedIn Publishing, Live Writer, Bit.ly, Google Analytics, Clicky, Mint, KISSmetrics
- Software: Camtasia, Audacity, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office Suite
- PR/reporting tools: PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO), PitchEngine
XYZ ASSOCIATES, Sometown, NY | PR firm serving businesses in the greater NY area
Social Media Manager, 2014 to Present
Partner with NYC-based businesses to design and execute social media strategies. Push each brand’s boundaries to effectively leverage social media and digital networks.
Develop and manage online marketing campaigns for diverse industry clients, driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic. Examples:
- ABC Co: Launched ShareAStory campaign, generating 250,000 Twitter mentions.
- DEF Co: Created MyTime campaign and associated hashtag that garnered 10,000 posts across all social networks.
- GHI Co: Implemented SavetheShow campaign following cancellation of XYZ Show, sparking major fan support on social media and leading to the show’s season 3 renewal.
- JKL Co: Introduced Snapchat channel, contributing to company’s goal of appealing to younger demographic. Gained 150,000 followers within three months.
- MNO Co: Led cross-channel marketing strategy using Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and radio spots to create excitement for product launch; exceeded sales projections by 26%.
Action Group, Sometown, NY | Full-service ad agency
Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Executive, 2010 to 2014
Promoted to senior AE role, overseeing licensee management for Top Broadcasting Co. Drove a 100% increase in revenue within 3 years, resulting in annual sales of $80M.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Minor in Communication Studies
Get your resume reviewed
As a social media manager, you know the importance a good strategy has on a successful campaign. Your resume also requires a strategy in order to support your job-search campaign. Not sure your resume is up to the task? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster give you an edge so you can land a great new job.