Sample Resume for a Midlevel Aerospace Engineer
As an aerospace engineer, you should have a top-flight resume. Check out this sample resume for a midlevel aerospace engineer below for ideas on how you can give your own resume some lift. View and download the Midlevel Aerospace Engineer resume template in Word.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Midlevel Aerospace Engineer Resume Sample
Candace Murphy, PE
1507 Maple Road
Sometown, VA 23337
Specializing in Structural Design of Commercial Aircraft & Aviation Systems
- PE-certified aerospace engineer with more than four years of design structures experience on commercial aircraft and next-generation navigation systems.
- Talented engineer -- apply advanced techniques and industry best practices to the design of systems and components for commercial airliners.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Simulink, AutoCAD, MathCAD, CATIA V5 and V6, TMRTool, Oracle, C++, Perl and advanced electronic optics.
- Commercial Aircraft & Avionics Systems
- Structural Design & Build Management
- Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics
- Project Plans & Documentation
- Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning
- FAA & DOT Regulatory Compliance
Education & Credentials
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, VA) -- Top-ranked aerospace program
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering Program, 9/09 to Present (expected graduation: 5/12)
XYZ UNIVERSITY (Sometown, VA) -- ABET-accredited aerospace program
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, 12/07
Professional Engineer (PE), National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, 4/08
DEF COMPANY (Sometown, VA)
Offered full-time position following internship with aircraft design and manufacturing facility.
Aerospace Engineer,1/08 to 2/12
Aerospace Engineer Intern, 1/07 to 12/07
- Collaborated with multidisciplinary engineering teams to design structural modifications of aircraft and systems. Engineered structural modifications for the following aircrafts: Boeing 737s, 747s, 757s, 767s and 777s; Airbus 320s and 330s; and DC-9s.
- Helped elevate safety and quality specs, improve aerodynamics, and equip navigation and control systems with cutting-edge advancements.
- Used 3D CAD modeling tools to design and improve systems meeting FAA standards; communicated with regulatory authorities for approvals on design deviations.
- Created drawings, instructions, specifications and documentation on equipment, devices and parts for numerous commercial aircraft systems.
- Analyzed project proposals and engineering data regarding aeronautical products and aviation structures to determine feasibility, production time and costs.
- Troubleshot aircraft systems to resolve complex issues relating to interpretation of design data.