Consulting Resume Sample
Attract clients with a polished and professional consulting resume.
Whether you're in tech, healthcare, or any other industry, you need a professional, detailed consulting resume to land the top jobs in this competitive field, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Need some help putting the pieces together? If you're looking for consulting resume examples, view the one Isaacs created below, or download the consulting resume template in Word.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics doesn't have a specific category for consultants, but management analysts matches the job description of a consultant pretty closely. The projected job growth for these workers is 11% over the next decade, which is much faster than average. The top five states with the most employment for consultants are:
And the top five areas are:
According to Monster data, the median annual salary for business consultants is $91,500 and ranges from around $62,000 to around $117,500 per year. To see what you'd earn as a business consultant in your location, check the Monster Salary Tool.
Additionally, you can search for consulting jobs on Monster.
Mindy Delgado * HR Consultant
Sometown, WA 98003 * 555-555-5555 * email@example.com
- Respected HR business partner, strategist, and advisor to diverse-industry companies ranging from small IT startups to global manufacturers, restaurants, and healthcare organizations.
- Multifaceted background spans a broad spectrum of HR areas such as recruitment, employee development, change management, benefits administration, leadership development, and performance measurement.
- Business process innovator valued for aligning human capital plans to drive organizational improvement, legal compliance, and business goal attainment.
Staff Recruitment & Retention
Training & Development
Benefits & Compensation
HR Policies & Procedures
Legal Issues & Compliance
Talent Mobility & Succession Plans
XYZ CONSULTING * Sometown, WA
Consultant, Human Resources Practice, 2016 to Present
Recruited by nationwide consulting firm to join their HR solutions practice group. Travel to client sites to address HR-related concerns and develop future-focused solutions and strategies. Client Engagements & Results:
- Recruitment Solutions: Helped companies determine whether to fill positions internally or shift to outsourcing select functions and roles. Trained HR teams on behavioral-based interviewing and ATS searches to elevate the quality of candidate pool. Set up offshore outsourced teams for other positions that lowered labor costs up to 35% (multimillion-dollar savings).
- Talent Mobility: Consulted with retailers and manufacturers to develop programs facilitating movement of talent from role to role. Optimized workforce alignment with strategic business needs by creating a talent mobility playbook for ongoing decision support.
- Organizational Development: Partnered with senior HR leaders to create strategies related to performance management, diversity, employee wellness, and corporate culture. Improved employee retention and engagement, reducing turnover 19% and improving staff satisfaction scores 15%.
- Benefits and Compensation: Led the design and execution of new benefits and compensation programs that supported talent attraction, acquisition, and retention while lowering costs for multiple companies.
ABC COMPANY * Sometown, OR
Regional HR Manager, 2013 to 2016 * HR Manager, 2011 to 2013 * HR Representative, 2006 to 2011
Advanced through promotions during tenure with F500 logistics company, culminating in regional management role overseeing HR programs, operations, and teams for a 5-state region. Key Initiatives & Results:
- Talent Acquisition: Recruited 200+ associates for exempt, non-exempt, and management positions.
- HR Improvements: Developed training, teambuilding, and workplace safety programs; revamped staffing plans, appraisal systems, and bonus award structures; and implemented HRIS technologies.
- Awarded Recognition: Earned company awards for HR initiatives that reduced overtime 30%, labor costs 12%, staff turnover 14%, and Workers' Comp claims 20%.
DEF UNIVERSITY * Sometown, OR * BS in Human Resources Management
Certification: SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
Make Your Consulting Resume Work for You
The power of a first impression can't be overstated. That's why it's important your resume reflects your professionalism. Want some consultation on its effectiveness? Get a free resume evaluation from Monster. We can help you fine-tune your resume's content and appearance so that you can feel confident applying for consulting roles.