Sample Resume for an Experienced UX Designer
If you want to improve the UX of the person reading your resume, check out this sample. Judicious editing helps produce a compelling, one-page resume.
If you want to improve the user experience of the person reading your resume, check out this sample for an experienced UX designer below. Judicious editing can help produce a compelling, one-page resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. View the sample resume she created below, and download the experienced UX designer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can find UX designer jobs on Monster.
Experienced UX Designer resume template
Sometown, NJ 08831
Home: 555.555.5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Optimizing User Experience Through Clear Content, Simple Navigation and Dynamic Design
Director/Senior Designer of User Experience
Talented senior manager of user-experience design with the proven know-how to combine creative and usability viewpoints resulting in world-class Web and mobile applications.
Experience optimizing user engagement for brands such as Amazon.com, eBay, Verizon and Overstock.com. Provide a compelling user experience to improve brand loyalty, customer retention and visit-to-order ratios.
- UX & UI Design
- Usability Protocols
- Web Site Analytics
- Persona Creation
- Information Architecture (IA)
- A/B, Card Sort, User Testing
- Animation/Motion Graphics
- Affinity Diagramming
- Requirements Definition
Professional ExperienceABC COMPANY (Sometown, NY), Director, UX Design, 2014-Present
Founded and currently manage telecom company’s first designated UX team, building an A-caliber group of interaction designers and user-experience researchers. Charged with improving UX for Web properties, social media offerings and mobile applications through quantitative/qualitative research and value-added IA/UX deliverables.
- Established UX design as the first stage of all Web and mobile application developments, instituting a user-centered design (UCD) approach.
- Overhauled ABC’s Web site to optimize the user experience. Newly launched site catapulted visit-to-lead and visit-to-order ratios, while shrinking page-abandonment rate by 21%.
- Led UX design on ground-breaking mobile applications that redefined the market landscape. Displaced competitors by remaining ahead of the curve in anticipating user needs; delivered interactive device apps that helped capture the #1 market position.
DEF INC. (Sometown, NY), Senior UX Designer, 2008-2014
GHI INC. (Sometown, NY), Web Site/UX Designer, 2004-2007
Provided Web site, UX and IA design solutions for diverse industry client accounts of leading ad agencies.
- Pioneered the use of A/B split testing for XYZ Company, facilitating response-rate gains of 25% on banner ads and landing pages.
- Injected user-experience design into dozens of Web properties for major e-tailers (including EFG Company and HIJ Company), with efforts cited as instrumental to customer acquisition increases of up to 12.8%.
- Researched, strategized and launched UX improvements for nonprofit sites that increased online donations by as much as $1.2M.
- Designed high-impact, user-centered Web sites with strong emotional appeal, sophisticated production values and intuitive navigation to maximize user engagement and cement powerful brand identities.
EducationXYZ INSTITUTE (Sometown, NJ), Certificate in New Media Information Technology
Program Highlights: UX Design, Multimedia Design, GUI Design & Testing, IA Tools
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, NY), BFA in Graphic Design