Sample Resume for a Midlevel UX Designer
Your resume should be as dynamic as the sites you design. Get inspired by viewing a sample resume for a midlevel user-experience designer.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Your resume should be as dynamic as the Web sites you design. Get inspired by viewing the sample resume for a user-experience designer that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel UX designer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can find UX designer jobs on Monster.
Midlevel UX Designer Resume Sample
Sometown, IL 60647
Cell: (555) 555-1234
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
UX DESIGNER & INFORMATION ARCHITECT
User-experience designer adept in researching, forecasting, identifying and incorporating consumer needs into user-centered Web site designs. Expertise includes:
- User Research:Improve Web site alignment with customer needs through user research that includes in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries and field/diary studies.
- Persona Creation:Lead persona creation to optimize user journeys, develop site maps and construct wireframes enabling effortless navigation.
- Information Architecture:Incorporate IA methods that include card sorting, affinity diagramming, free listing, mental models and search log analysis.
- Usability Testing:Participate in all phases of usability testing in lab and remote settings.
Assistant UX Designer (2009 to 2010)
Accepted full-time position within the Interactive Design Group after successful contract assignment.
Manage user-centered design of $50 million e-commerce site, contributing to the following results:
- Multimillion-Dollar Sales Growth: Credited with key role in driving single-year retail sales growth of $3.5M following UX site improvements.
- Page-Abandonment Rate Improvement: Reduced page-abandonment rate by 18% after implementing Web site improvements to functionality, design and navigation based on results of user research.
- Visit-to-Order Ratio Improvement: More than doubled visit-to-order ratio to achieve a 213% increase in conversion rate.
- Channel Launch: Co-led UX design for new B2B channel, which outperformed Q1 sales targets by 23% to generate $12.4M within its first three months.
- Market Segment Acquisition: Captured new audience segment (FSBO home sellers) by developing UX strategy and correlating content for XYZ.com, an ABC.com spin-off site. Achieved 115% of revenue goals in the first year despite decline in the nationwide real estate market.
BFA in Interactive Design
- Course Highlights:
- Advanced Interactive Design,
- Web Site Design
- 3D Modeling
- Digital Illustration
- GUI Design/Scripting
- Writing for Interactive Media
- Computer Arts
CSS; Wireframes; HTML; XHTML; Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Experience Design, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, Dreamweaver, Fuse, Adobe Muse, Acrobat Pro DC); Moqups; Pencil; Balsamiq; PowerMockup; UXPin; Solidify; Desinion; Optimizely; Loop11; Appsee