Sample Resume for a Midlevel UX Designer
Your resume should be as dynamic as the sites you design. Get inspired by viewing a sample resume for a midlevel user-experience designer.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Your resume should be as dynamic as the Web sites you design. Get inspired by viewing the sample resume for a user-experience designer that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel UX designer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Jobs for UX designers are projected to grow by 15% (Or 24,400 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Washington; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, and San Francisco.
As a UX designer, you can expect to make a median wage of $67,990 per year, or $32.69 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can find UX designer jobs on Monster.
Midlevel UX Designer Resume Sample
Sometown, IL 60647
Cell: (555) 555-1234
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
UX DESIGNER & INFORMATION ARCHITECT
User-experience designer adept in researching, forecasting, identifying and incorporating consumer needs into user-centered Web site designs. Expertise includes:
- User Research:Improve Web site alignment with customer needs through user research that includes in-depth interviews, contextual inquiries and field/diary studies.
- Persona Creation:Lead persona creation to optimize user journeys, develop site maps and construct wireframes enabling effortless navigation.
- Information Architecture:Incorporate IA methods that include card sorting, affinity diagramming, free listing, mental models and search log analysis.
- Usability Testing:Participate in all phases of usability testing in lab and remote settings.
Assistant UX Designer (2009 to 2010)
Accepted full-time position within the Interactive Design Group after successful contract assignment.
Manage user-centered design of $50 million e-commerce site, contributing to the following results:
- Multimillion-Dollar Sales Growth: Credited with key role in driving single-year retail sales growth of $3.5M following UX site improvements.
- Page-Abandonment Rate Improvement: Reduced page-abandonment rate by 18% after implementing Web site improvements to functionality, design and navigation based on results of user research.
- Visit-to-Order Ratio Improvement: More than doubled visit-to-order ratio to achieve a 213% increase in conversion rate.
- Channel Launch: Co-led UX design for new B2B channel, which outperformed Q1 sales targets by 23% to generate $12.4M within its first three months.
- Market Segment Acquisition: Captured new audience segment (FSBO home sellers) by developing UX strategy and correlating content for XYZ.com, an ABC.com spin-off site. Achieved 115% of revenue goals in the first year despite decline in the nationwide real estate market.
BFA in Interactive Design
- Course Highlights:
- Advanced Interactive Design,
- Web Site Design
- 3D Modeling
- Digital Illustration
- GUI Design/Scripting
- Writing for Interactive Media
- Computer Arts
CSS; Wireframes; HTML; XHTML; Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Experience Design, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, Dreamweaver, Fuse, Adobe Muse, Acrobat Pro DC); Moqups; Pencil; Balsamiq; PowerMockup; UXPin; Solidify; Desinion; Optimizely; Loop11; Appsee