Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Aerospace Engineer
Need a dynamic resume to help launch your aerospace engineering career? Get ideas from our sample resume for an entry-level aerospace engineer.
To be a successful candidate for engineering jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Are you launching your aerospace engineering career and needing a dynamic resume to get noticed in the job market? View the sample resume for an entry-level aerospace engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level aerospace engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Jobs for aerospace engineers are projected to grow by 6% (or 4,200 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, Alabama, Ohio, and Maryland; and in the following metropolitan areas: Huntsville, AL; Los Angeles; Houston; Washington D.C.; and San Jose, CA.
As an aerospace engineer, you can expect to earn a median wage of $113,030 per year, or $54.34 per hour, according to the BLS, although entry-level positions obviously earn less to start.
Entry-Level Aerospace Engineer resume template
Steven L. Holmes
Sometown, GA 30332
Home: (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | Twitter Handle
Upcoming graduate of ABET-accredited bachelor's-degree program seeking an entry-level aerospace engineer position. Completed flight test internship with XYZ Company and assisted in research study that examined methods for improving Boeing 737 flight acoustics. Academic studies have provided a foundation in aerodynamics and physics; structural dynamics; systems design and testing; flight mechanics and controls; and 2D and 3D CAD design tools.
ABC University (Sometown, GA)
Pursuing BS in Aerospace Engineering (GPA: 3.7),
- Computing for Engineers
- Engineering Graphics & Visualization
- Principles & Applications of Engineering Materials
- Low-Speed & High-Speed Aerodynamics
- Differential Equations
- System Dynamics & Control
- Thermodynamics & Compressible Flow
- Aerospace Vehicle Performance
- Circuits & Electronics
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Aerospace Structural Analysis
- Flight Dynamics
- Jet & Rocket Propulsion
- Experimental Fluid Dynamics
- Control Systems Design
XYZ Company (Sometown, GA)
Leading aerospace company and manufacturer of commercial jetliners.
Flight Test Engineer Intern, September 2016 to Present
Shadowed aerospace engineering and mechanical teams and helped prepare flight and advance fabrication reports, weight and balance forms and flight test safety checklists for new aircraft. Participated in test coordination meetings, on-aircraft ground testing and instrumentation installs.
- Increased knowledge of aircraft systems, flight test program procedures, documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Served on team that conducted flight readiness reviews for new aircraft. Helped perform ground/electromagnetic interference tests, fit checks and remote site test preparations.
- Prepared detailed test plans, reports and documentation in compliance with FAA regulations.
- Gained competencies in a range of engineering disciplines and systems including structural design, aerodynamics, stress analysis, fluid power systems, fuel systems and test instrumentation.
ABC University (Sometown, GA)
Research Assistant, Department of Aerospace Engineering, September 2015 to May 2016
Assisted Professor Susan Jones in her study of flight acoustics and the suppression of noise for Boeing 737 commercial aircraft using the university’s state-of-the-art flight-simulator facilities. Participated in planning meetings and data analysis for paper that is under review for publication in the Journal of Aerospace Engineering.
AutoCAD, MathCAD, C++, Python, MS Excel, MS Project, Unix/Linux
Learn more about aeronautics careers.
Learn more about engineering careers.