Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Civil Engineer
If you're just starting your civil engineering career and need to shore up your resume's infrastructure, check out this entry-level resume sample.
To be a successful candidate for civil engineering jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If you're just starting your civil engineering career but need to shore up your resume's infrastructure, check out this resume sample for an entry-level civil engineer that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level civil engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level Civil Engineer Resume Sample
Sometown, MI 48103
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
- Upcoming graduate of ABET-accredited bachelor’s in civil engineering program. Backed by successful internship experience and knowledge of engineering theories, principles, specifications and standards. Plan to earn Engineer in Training certification upon graduation.
- Demonstrated 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion. Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of Sometown, MI Municipalities Planning Code and zoning, subdivision and storm water ordinances.
Education & Credentials
ABC UNIVERISTY, Sometown, MI
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program, 120/132 credits completed
- Honors: Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society), Dean’s List (5 semesters)
- Activities: Member, American Society of Civil Engineers and Emerging Green Builders (EGB); Planning Committee, Engineering Expo
- Course Highlights:
- Civil Engineering Design
- Cost Estimating & Surveying
- Structural Analysis & Dynamics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Methods
- Traffic & Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics
- Concrete & Steel Design
XYZ COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Engineering firm serving government and commercial clients.
Intern, Civil Engineering Group, September 2016 to Present
- Assisted civil engineers on several key government projects involving roadway designs and improvements, solutions easing traffic congestion and replacement of deteriorating bridges.
- Handled cost-of-materials estimations, report and document tracking, project documentation, on-site project visits, invoice/agreement verification and building permit applications.
- Gained experience in blueprint reading, as well as preparation of maps and plans.
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Worked in telesales throughout college to help finance education.
Sales Representative, June 2014 to August 2016 (seasonal)
- Cold-called small business owners to sign new accounts for ABC Company’s print advertising service.
- Cultivated excellent relationships throughout assigned territory.
"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us." — Winston Churchill