Sample resume for an office assistant
If you're an ambitious office assistant targeting a promotion to management, use this example to get your resume in shape.
If you’re an ambitious assistant targeting a promotion to management, get your office administrator resume in shape for that step up. You can view and download the office assistant resume template here, and see an alternate office assistant resume sample here.
Integral to maintaining essential functions of the workplace, office assistants are hired in nearly all industries, though most job openings are in hospitals and schools, as well as government, legal, and medical offices. You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
As an office assistant, you can expect to earn a median wage of $37,870 per year, or $18.21 per hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Office Assistant resume template
555 W. Busy St.
Tumbleweed, Arizona 98555
Home: (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Qualifications ProfileAnalytical and detail-oriented professional with experience coordinating, planning, and supporting daily operational and administrative functions to excel in an Office/Administrative Assistant role.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide comprehensive support for senior-level staff, including managing and coordinating projects and processes in support of effective business operations.
- Proven track record of accurately maintaining detailed records, generating reports, coordinating meetings, and multitasking within fast-paced atmospheres.
- Adept at managing and streamlining administrative processes to reduce errors, improve accuracy and efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, customer service, leadership, and organizational skills; thrive within detail-oriented, deadline-driven environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and managing, arranging, and coordinating executive calendars, travel, contacts, conference bridges, appointments, and luncheons/events.
Professional ExperienceACME INC., Sometown, AZ
Office / Administrative Assistant, 6/2014 – Present
Skillfully manage wide-range of office and sales support tasks, including accounts payable / accounts receivable and payroll processing. Leverage strong multitasking skills to manage customer service, data entry, invoicing, inventory control, merchandising, returns processing, and purchasing. Respond to customer inquiries in person and over the phone; liaise with cross-functional teams in support of customer needs. Manage calendars for three managers and two executive managers, including meetings / appointments and travel arrangements.
- Identified areas for improvement in policies, procedures, and business processes and delivered strategic recommendations to senior management on key issues.
- Facilitated development of office operations manual; trained new administrative personnel.
- Administer banking, deposits, account registry, payroll, and distribution of employee checks.
Office / Administrative Assistant, 10/2011 - 5/2014
Trusted to coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements for executives, including Vice Presidents. Organized calendars and schedules to align with executive needs and company goals. Trained administrative staff on policies and procedures. Created compelling presentations for company meetings.
- Regularly acknowledged by leadership for timeliness and attention to detail.
- Spearheaded transition from paper invoices and DOS-driven Peachtree to QuickBooks and Point of Sale system, training all employees in newly implemented technologies.
- Demonstrated flexibility and superb work ethic in enthusiastically taking on special projects in addition to primary office administration responsibilities.
Associate of Science in Business Administration
ABC Community College – Sometown, AZ
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) - Expert
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
Affiliations / Volunteer Work
IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals), 2012 - Present
Special Olympics Coordinator / Referee, 2008 - Present
Give your resume some assistance
As an office assistant, you're used to multitasking. Your resume has to do the same—not only does it have to display your skills and experience, but it also has to demonstrate why you'd be a valuable addition to the team. Not sure it's up to the task at hand? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to cover your bases.