Sample resume for a sales director
You need a resume strategy just as you need a sales strategy. Check out this sales director resume sample for guidance on how to improve your resume.
Looking for sales director jobs? You know how important a strategic plan is to any sales operation's success; a strategic plan for your resume is just as important, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For guidance on how to plan your resume's strategy, check out this resume sample for a sales director that Isaacs created below, and download the sales director resume template in Word.
Jobs for sales directors are projected to grow by 7% (or 28,900 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, Illinois, New York, and Florida; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, and Boston.
As a sales director, you can expect to earn a median wage of $121,060 per year, or $58.20 per hour, according to the BLS.
Sales Director resume template
Sometown, NC 27601
Home: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Available for Relocation and Extensive Travel
SALES DIRECTORSpecializing in new business development and major market expansion
- Combine entrepreneurial drive with business-management skills to drive gains in revenue, market share and profit performance.
- Communicate a clear, strategic sales vision, effectively training and coaching both veteran and junior sales team members.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with new prospects and existing customers.
- Turn around lagging operations and prepare companies for fast growth and profitability.
- New Business Development
- P&L Management
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Management
- Key Account Management
- Turnaround & High-Growth Strategies
- Customer Relationship Management
- Staff Training & Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Budgeting & Forecasting
ABC Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Director, 2012 to Present
Sales Manager,2007 to 2012
Customer Service Manager,2000 to 2007
- Revived struggling operation from being on the verge of bankruptcy to a turnaround success story. Revamped pricing strategy, implemented effective promotional strategies, trained a high-performance sales team and helped boost corporate image.
- Tripled annual sales volume within four years, growing sales from $15 million in 2008 to $45 million in 2011.
- Achieved 2011 Star Performance Award for outstanding sales results, representing the first time the division achieved this recognition.
- Led the growth of sales department from 175 to 300 employees. Established a competitive sales force by offering aggressive compensation, desirable benefits packages and performance-driven sales-incentive programs.
- Improved sales policies and practices. Defined the sales cycle, created accurate job descriptions and developed standards for customer relationship management.
DEF Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Manager,1995 to 2000
- Closed an average of 35% of all leads and achieved between 110% and 120% of projected monthly sales goals during tenure.
- Targeted and penetrated a competitive market. Sold thousands of corporate accounts and converted many customers from competitors’ services.
- Recognized as a member of The Shining Star Club for routinely exceeding quotas.
- Established relationships within a Fortune 500 company and guided sales representatives to close deal generating $125K in recurring annual revenue.
- Orchestrated successful promotional campaigns, including a special offer that penetrated market territory by 6% in one day.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NC
Bachelor of Science, Major in Marketing
- Buyer-Seller Relationships
- Train The Trainer
- Fair Hiring Practices
- Prevention of Harassment Policies
- Sales Processes
- Best Practices in Cellular Management
- Gaining a Sales Commitment
- Leading a Global Sales Force
Can your resume close the deal?
As a sales director, you're familiar with the power of a great presentation. Your resume has the same ability—if it's strong enough, it can help close the deal on a new job. Not sure your resume is quite there yet? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. The experts at Monster have as much experience with resumes as you do with sales, so let them help you get some buy-in from hiring managers.