Entry-Level Software Engineer Resume Sample
Are you skilled at writing code but need help writing your resume? Get ideas from this sample resume for an entry-level software engineer.
To be a successful candidate for software engineer jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. So if your writing skills are limited to computer code, you might want to keep reading to get tips from our entry-level software engineer resume sample.
Isaacs created this sample resume for an entry-level software engineer. To make it easier on you when you're putting together your resume, go ahead and download the entry-level software engineer resume template in Word.
Software Engineer Jobs
Jobs for software engineers are projected to grow by 22% over the next decade, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states:
and in the following metropolitan areas:
Entry-Level Software Engineer Resume Template
Thomas J. Smith
55 Northern Road | Sometown, NY 11375
Phone: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeting an Internship or Entry-Level Opportunity in...
- Upcoming BSSE graduate offering a strong foundation in software engineering and programming principles across multiple platforms.
- Experienced in object-oriented programming; developing, testing and debugging code; designing interfaces; and administering systems and networks.
- Quickly learn and master new technologies; successful working in both team and self-directed settings.
ABC COLLEGE -- Sometown, NY
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSSE), 108/120 credits completed
- Academic Honors: ABC College Program Achievement Citation (2011), Dean's List (3 semesters)
- Senior Software Engineering Capstone Design Project (in progress):
- Project Scope: Currently working as part of a five-member team on next-generation rollout of robot control software for DEF Company, a technology research company specializing in robotics. Analyzed functional requirements, developed code and currently testing software applications.
- Tools: Visual Studio .Net, C# and ASP.Net
- Java Programming & Data Structures
- Wireless Mobile Software Engineering
- Object-Oriented Design
- Database Management Systems
- Information Security
- Assembly Language Programming
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Software Engineering Process Management
- Enterprise Software Overview
- Software Quality Testing
- Network Security
- Distributed OS
- Human Computer Interface
DEF TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE -- Sometown, NY
Associate of Science in Computer Science, May 2009
ABC COLLEGE -- Sometown, NY
Help Desk Technician, October 2011 to Present
- Provide networking and desktop support, account maintenance and printing assistance to students and faculty. Troubleshoot and resolve complex technology problems as the "go-to" person for IT issues.
GHI COMPANY & JKL COMPANY -- Sometown, NY
Barista, 2009 to 2010 (seasonal)
- Excelled within service-oriented positions (concurrent with college studies), delivering premium customer service and attracting repeat customers.
Develop Your Software Engineering Career with Monster
Now that you've used our entry-level software engineer resume sample to get writing tips, it's time to find some jobs. Why not use some software engineering to get software engineer jobs? Download the Monster app to find open positions. When you see a job you like, simply swipe right and you're on your way.