Sample resume for a midlevel software engineer
Do you need to re-engineer your resume to better present your software engineering skills? View this sample resume for a midlevel software engineer for ideas.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Do you need to re-engineer your resume to better showcase your software engineering skills? If so, view this sample resume for a midlevel software engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel software engineer resume template.
Jobs for software engineers are projected to grow by 24% (or 302,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job (systems software) in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston; New York City; and Los Angeles.
As a software engineer, you can expect to earn a median wage of $103,560 per year, or $49.79 per hour, according to the BLS.
Midlevel Software Engineer Resume Sample
Sometown, CA 94172
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Software EngineerObject-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development / Relational Database Systems
- Innovative software engineer offering four years of experience in the full software development lifecycle – from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions.
- Expert in advanced development methodologies, tools and processes contributing to the design and rollout of cutting-edge software applications.
- Known for excellent troubleshooting skills – able to analyze code and engineer well-researched, cost-effective and responsive solutions.
Software Engineer, 1/14 to Present – ABC COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Provide object-oriented software (OOS) design for one of the construction industry’s leading project- management platforms. Develop and customize software for diverse client base. Achievement Highlights:
- Contributed software engineering expertise in the development of products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment.
- Facilitated customization of systems by encouraging software engineering team to adopt emerging standards for software application development architecture and tools.
- Participated in sales presentations due to ability to translate user needs into easy-to-understand software solutions. Helped sales team close five major deals generating more than $150K in revenue.
- Excelled in rapid application development and management of technological issues for assigned projects, earning the highest customer satisfaction rating for all software solutions delivered.
- Introduced methodologies and best practices that enhanced product definition, release processes and customization of applications to user needs.
Junior Software Engineer, 8/10 to 1/14 – DEF COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Assisted in the design and development of user information solutions and Internet applications for a leading financial services company. Achievement Highlights:
- Provided user requirements analysis, design and programming support for enhancement of Web application accessed by 5 million users worldwide.
- Fueled additional revenue stream through responsive customer support, generating $18K in new license sales within first few weeks of new product release.
ABC UNIVERSITY – Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSEE), Minor in Computer Science, 5/08
Resume writing next steps
Now that you know what a software engineer resume should look like, it's time to plug in your own credentials and begin a job search. But before you start applying, it's best to give your resume a test run, just like you would do with a software program. Want to double-check that your resume is at its full potential? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to QA test your resume before hitting "send."