Midlevel Software Engineer Resume Sample
Do you need to re-engineer your resume to better present your software engineering skills? View this sample resume for a midlevel software engineer for ideas.
To be a successful candidate for software jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. That means making sure your skills and experience match up with the needs of potential employers, as well as demonstrating you'd be a good cultural fit. Do you need to re-engineer your software engineer resume to better showcase your skillset? If so, view this sample resume for a midlevel software engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel software engineer resume sample.
Find Software Engineer Jobs
There are many jobs for software engineers. In fact, jobs are projected to grow 22% over the next decade, which is much faster than the average for all other industries, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the greatest levels of employment for software engineers in the following states:
and in the following metropolitan areas:
The median salary for a software engineer is around $103,000 per year, according to Monster data. The range is between $68,286 on the lower end and $127,481 on the higher end.
Ready to start finding your next career opportunity? You can search for software engineer jobs on Monster.
Midlevel Software Engineer Resume Example
Sometown, CA 94172
firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Software EngineerObject-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development / Relational Database Systems
- Innovative software engineer offering four years of experience in the full software development lifecycle – from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions.
- Expert in advanced development methodologies, tools and processes contributing to the design and rollout of cutting-edge software applications.
- Known for excellent troubleshooting skills – able to analyze code and engineer well-researched, cost-effective and responsive solutions.
Software Engineer, 1/14 to Present – ABC COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Provide object-oriented software (OOS) design for one of the construction industry's leading project- management platforms. Develop and customize software for diverse client base. Achievement Highlights:
- Contributed software engineering expertise in the development of products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment.
- Facilitated customization of systems by encouraging software engineering team to adopt emerging standards for software application development architecture and tools.
- Participated in sales presentations due to ability to translate user needs into easy-to-understand software solutions. Helped sales team close five major deals generating more than $150K in revenue.
- Excelled in rapid application development and management of technological issues for assigned projects, earning the highest customer satisfaction rating for all software solutions delivered.
- Introduced methodologies and best practices that enhanced product definition, release processes and customization of applications to user needs.
Junior Software Engineer, 8/10 to 1/14 – DEF COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Assisted in the design and development of user information solutions and Internet applications for a leading financial services company. Achievement Highlights:
- Provided user requirements analysis, design and programming support for enhancement of Web application accessed by 5 million users worldwide.
- Fueled additional revenue stream through responsive customer support, generating $18K in new license sales within first few weeks of new product release.
ABC UNIVERSITY – Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSEE), Minor in Computer Science, 5/08
Give Your Software Engineer Resume Some Screen Time
Now that you know what a software engineer resume should look like, it's time to plug in your own credentials and begin a job search. Need some pointers? Try downloading the Monster app. No matter where you are, you can check out the latest job ads from companies all over the world. When you come across something you like, simply swipe right. That's the power of software—something you know a thing or two about.