Sample Resume for a Midlevel Software Engineer
Do you need to re-engineer your resume to better present your software engineering skills? View this sample for a midlevel software engineer for ideas.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Do you need to reengineer your resume to better showcase your software engineering skills? If so, view this sample resume for a midlevel software engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel software engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Midlevel Software Engineer Resume Sample
Sometown, CA 94172
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Software EngineerObject-Oriented Analysis, Design and Development / Relational Database Systems
- Innovative software engineer offering four years of experience in the full software development lifecycle – from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions.
- Expert in advanced development methodologies, tools and processes contributing to the design and rollout of cutting-edge software applications.
- Known for excellent troubleshooting skills – able to analyze code and engineer well-researched, cost-effective and responsive solutions.
Software Engineer, 1/14 to Present – ABC COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Provide object-oriented software (OOS) design for one of the construction industry’s leading project- management platforms. Develop and customize software for diverse client base. Achievement Highlights:
- Contributed software engineering expertise in the development of products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment.
- Facilitated customization of systems by encouraging software engineering team to adopt emerging standards for software application development architecture and tools.
- Participated in sales presentations due to ability to translate user needs into easy-to-understand software solutions. Helped sales team close five major deals generating more than $150K in revenue.
- Excelled in rapid application development and management of technological issues for assigned projects, earning the highest customer satisfaction rating for all software solutions delivered.
- Introduced methodologies and best practices that enhanced product definition, release processes and customization of applications to user needs.
Junior Software Engineer, 8/10 to 1/14 – DEF COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Assisted in the design and development of user information solutions and Internet applications for a leading financial services company. Achievement Highlights:
- Provided user requirements analysis, design and programming support for enhancement of Web application accessed by 5 million users worldwide.
- Fueled additional revenue stream through responsive customer support, generating $18K in new license sales within first few weeks of new product release.
ABC UNIVERSITY – Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSEE), Minor in Computer Science, 5/08