Software developer resume sample
View this sample resume for a software developer, or download the software developer resume template in Word.
Is your resume up to code, or is it in need of some engineering? To be a successful candidate for the leading software developer jobs, it helps to have a comprehensive resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a software developer that Isaacs created below, or download the software developer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for software developers are projected to grow by 24% (or 302,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: San Jose, California; Washington, D.C.; Boston, New York City, and Los Angeles.
Software developer resume template
Sometown, MA 55555 | Cell: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio Link
Software Developer | System Architect
Contribute to innovative, groundbreaking software solutions that meet business demand for
agility, flexibility, mobility and a superb cloud experience
- Software developer with experience in e-commerce, enterprise and high-performance web technologies.
- High-performance technologist skilled at defining, designing and implementing a highly secure, continuous-deployment pipeline to update applications in cloud environments.
- Quality engineer bringing a strong focus on “voice of the customer” into the software development function to ensure product and customer success.
Development Methods & Tools
Agile Development Methodologies | Test Driven Development (TDD) | Object-Oriented Design & Development
Technologies (full list on request):
Software Developer, 10/12 to Present | ABC COMPANY | Sometown, MA
Serve in a client-facing role translating business requirements into viable, scalable cloud solutions. Collaborate with Engineering team to drive the DevOps strategy and prototype/execute on platform upgrades.
- Delivered improvements to Call Center Hub. Created a modern new interface that contributed to a 15% increase in new user adoption rates within one month of rollout.
- Introduced Contact Analytics that provided actionable insights into customer interactions, improved agent performance and elevated the customer experience.
- Led solutions engineering and system redesigns that eliminated unnecessary and costly complexities in ABC’s technologies, produced high-quality releases, and accelerated time-to-market by as much as 10%.
- Fueled additional revenue stream through highly responsive customer support, generating $1.5M in new license sales in FY2016.
Software Developer, 9/10 to 10/12 | DEF COMPANY (now GHI CO.) | Sometown, MA
Recruited to help expand the capabilities of DEF’s cloud-based security applications.
- Contributed to rollout of upgraded DEFSafe platform, delivering the company’s first persistent, end-to-end data protection that allow users to control security protocols across multiple devices.
- Won XYZ’s 2012 Top Security Gateway for DEFSafe, positioning early-stage startup as a recognized industry leader and setting the stage for lucrative sale to GHI Co.
BS in Computer Engineering (with honors) | ABC University | Sometown, MA