Sample Resume for a Midlevel Civil Engineer
Do you need some help constructing your resume? Get ideas from this sample resume below for a midlevel civil engineering professional. View and download the Midlevel Civil Engineer resume template in Word.
Learn more about engineering careers.
Midlevel Civil Engineer resume template
Kristine Smith, PE
55 Ocean Road
Sometown, AK 99530
Home: (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
Civil Engineer Specializing in the Oil & Natural Gas Industry
- PE-certified civil engineer with more than four years of experience in the design and management of complex development projects.
- Excellent command of standard engineering practices for oil, gas and subsea pipelines within harsh arctic climates.
ABC ENGINEERING CONSULTING, Sometown, AK
Civil Engineer, 1/10 to Present
- Recruited to provide civil engineering design and management of oil and natural gas development projects for firm’s Alaska office.
- Completed civil engineering initiatives that included oil and gas pipeline engineering design, offshore deepwater projects, subsea pipeline and connection system designs, J-lay and S-lay pipelines, pipeline trenching, riser systems and single point moorings (SPMs).
- Prepared construction and environmental compliance documents; developed grading plans, cost estimates and bid specifications; and provided construction oversight, environmental sampling and site reconnaissance.
- Ensured the safe, cost-effective and timely completion of all projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Maintained excellent relationships and stayed in constant contact with all clients, which proved instrumental in generating additional project work.
DEF ENGINIEERING FIRM, Sometown, AK
Civil Engineer, 1/08 to 1/10
- Collaborated with clients, designers, contractors and local/state agencies to resolve a myriad of engineering and design issues.
- Developed solutions that safely and effectively addressed challenges including ice-infested water, permafrost presence on seafloor and threats of ice gouging along pipeline route.
Oil & Gas Pipeline Engineering | Subsea Engineering Design
Offshore Engineering | Installation Engineering
Cold Climate Engineering
CivilCAD 2012 | AutoCAD
Primavera P6 Professional | Project Management
Trimble Terramodel | GeoTools
GEOPAK | MS Project
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Sometown, WA
BS in Civil Engineering (BSCE), Concentration in Offshore Engineering, 2007
- Honors & Activities: Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society), American Society of Civil Engineers
- Internship: Completed eight-month civil engineering internship as an Engineer in Training (EIT) with DEF Engineering Firm after graduation. Projects included offshore and subsea engineering design and support for Alaskan oil pipeline. Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in 2008.
Certification: Professional Engineer (PE), 2010
Professional Development: Ongoing training has covered topics including ISO 9001, OSHA requirements, tunnel design and hazmat.