Sample Resume for an IT Professional
Your IT resume should say more about you than the programming languages you know. Check out our sample technology resume below to see how you can provide a complete picture.
View and download the Sample Resume for an IT Professional in Word.
Learn more about technology careers.
1234 Avenue Street, City, State 12345
ITSpecialist@domain.com | 555.555.5555
Summary of Qualifications
Promote optimal performance, reliability, and security across core business systems
- Results-driven professional offering a progressive, seven-year career in information technology.
- Repeated success directing IT projects from inception to execution, strategically allocating resources and delegating tasks to achieve on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Expertly manage technical support operations, diligently troubleshooting issues to identify root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Process improvement champion with a history of implementing new procedures and technologies to strengthen security posture, enhance operational efficiency, and control costs.
– Areas of Expertise –
Testing & Troubleshooting | Project Management | System Administration
Vendor Relations | Strategic Planning | Resource Allocation | Effective Communication
Team Leadership | Business Continuity | Data Backup & Recovery
Windows Vista/7/10; Mac OS X; Oracle; SAP
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project), SQL, and SharePoint; QuickBooks; Salesforce.com
Java, HTML, C++, PHP, Python, Ruby
Gray & Associates, Seattle, Washington - 10/2010 to Present
System Administrator (6/2012 to Present)
Promoted to leadership role accountable for maintaining key business applications and systems. Partner with senior leadership to guide short- and long-range technology planning. Plan, coordinate, and execute hardware and software upgrades. Serve as vital resource for Help Desk staff, overseeing daily support operations and providing assistance on complex trouble tickets. Cultivate and maintain relationships with IT vendors.
- Successfully directed the on-time, on-budget completion of company-wide upgrade to Windows 10 and Office 365 impacting more than 50 onsite staff and five remote employees.
- Initiated transformative IT policies designed to harden system security, including enhanced measures for password requirements and user access.
- Spearheaded new procedures for Help Desk documentation, enabling the development of a comprehensive knowledge base of common issues and solutions to improve Help Desk efficiency.
Technical Support Specialist (10/2010 to 6/2012)
Provided technical support to end-users, leveraging broad-based expertise to handle problem identification, diagnosis, resolution, and escalation via helpdesk system, telephone, and remote support tools. Performed security administration functions for user, data, and remote access.
- Played an instrumental role in companywide migration from legacy customer relationship management (CRM) system to Salesforce.com by providing end-user training and support.
- Developed step-by-step training manuals for end-users to ensure a seamless transition following application upgrades.
Anderson Consulting, Portland, Oregon
Help Desk Technician (3/2007 to 8/2010)
Performed troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of computer systems, hardware, peripherals, and telephony. Analyzed system requirements to efficiently isolate and resolve a wide array of technical issues. Participated in large-scale upgrades and installations.
- Quickly learned and master proprietary applications.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer services skills, consistently receiving high rating on client satisfaction surveys.
Excelled in previous roles as Desktop Support Technician for ABC Enterprises in Portland, Oregon(2004 to 2007) and as an Operations Manager for Fancy Restaurant in Eugene, Oregon (2000 to 2004)
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification | Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) | Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | CompTIA Network+ | CompTIA Project+