Hospital nurse resume sample
If you need a remedy for a weak nurse resume, get inspiration from this sample resume for a midlevel hospital staff nurse below. Focusing on nursing credentials, patient-centered care and clinical outcomes could be the cure your resume needs. View and download the Midlevel Staff Nurse resume template in Word.
Midlevel Staff Nurse Resume Sample
JANET MEYERS, RN
131 Highland Park #34,
Sometown, CA 90010
ABC MEDICAL CENTER (657-bed hospital with an award-winning trauma center), Sometown, CA
RN, Emergency/Trauma, 2010 to Present
Provide nursing care within Level 1 trauma center of this prestigious urban hospital. Handle medical emergencies resulting from events such as strokes, cardiac arrest, car accidents, stabbings, head injuries, poison ingestion, drug overdoses, sexual assault and burns. Assess and stabilize patients with expedience and accuracy. Outcomes:
- Displayed expert clinical skills in managing the critical care of all categories of Emergency Department patients.
- Reacted effectively in emergency scenarios, demonstrating sound decision-making that helped save patient lives.
- Supervised LPNs and CNAs and served as a preceptor/mentor to first-year nursing students.
- Selected to represent Trauma Center on hospital committees including Medication Safety Committee, Nurse Recruitment Committee and JCAHO Readiness Taskforce.
- Contributed to strategic plans and initiatives to advance standards of care excellence, improve patient outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
DEF MEDICAL CENTER (200-bed hospital), Sometown, CA
RN, Emergency Department, 2008 to 2010
Served as a member of interdisciplinary healthcare teams in providing critical care and performing life-saving interventions. Closely monitored ER patients; alerted physicians/charge nurses to changes in patient status; and interacted with patients and family members often suffering from pain, stress, shock or grief. Outcomes:
- Efficiently and knowledgeably provided RN care for all ER patients. Handled intubations, defibrillations, autotransfusions, IV starts, A-line setups, splinting, suturing and more.
- Leveraged interpersonal communication strengths to establish rapport and build trust with patients and families.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
ABC University, Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), 2008
Registered Nurse (RN), California, 2008
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), 2009
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), BLS (Basic Life Support), SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certifications
- Active member of American Nurses Association and Emergency Nurses Association