Sample Resume for a Midlevel Mechanical Engineer
As you build your mechanical engineering skills, build your resume as well so you're ready for the next job opportunity. Get ideas from this sample resume for a midlevel mechanical engineer below. View and download the Midlevel Mechanical Engineer resume template in Word.
Learn more about engineering careers.
Midlevel Mechanical Engineer Resume Sample
15 Main St.
Sometown, PA 18011
PE-licensed mechanical engineer offering four years of product-development experience within manufacturing settings and current studies toward an ME degree. Proven ability to create cost-effective, cutting-edge designs that meet project and product specifications. Expert user of CAD programs and skilled producer of mechanical engineering documentation and drawings.
Mechanical Engineer –– ABC Company, 3/10 to Present
- Recruited to design, develop, validate and test mechanical components for a leading manufacturer of off-road machinery parts. Served on team that introduced new or enhanced existing products in the following categories: torque convertors, cylinder heads, exhaust elbows, turbochargers, turbo couplings and muffler stacks.
- Assist in all phases of the product-development lifecycle, from conceptualizing new product ideas through sketching, creating models, developing engineering designs, prototyping, testing, supporting production and rolling out new and improved products.
- Conduct modeling, simulation and analysis of structural components using CAD techniques, Creo Elements/Pro and Abaqus FEA Suite.
Junior Mechanical Engineer –– DEF Company, 3/08 to 3/10
- Provided mechanical engineering support to the product-development team for one of the country’s fastest-growing underwater LED lighting manufacturers.
- Contributed to the successful release of two LED anchor-masthead and three LED underwater lighting products.
AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Creo Elements/Pro, Abaqus FEA Suite, MS Project, MATLAB, TrackWise, Minitab, MS Office
ABC College, Sometown, PA
Completing Master of Engineering (ME) degree, expected 5/13
DEF College, Sometown, PA
BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), 5/08
- Pi Tau Sigma, Mechanical Engineering Honor Society
Licensure: Professional Engineer (PE), 4/11 l Engineer In Training (EIT), 4/09
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) * Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)