Sample resume for entry level chemical engineer
Add a level of quality to your chemical engineering resume. For pointers, view the sample resume below, and download the entry level chemical engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Additionally, you can search for chemical engineering jobs on Monster.
Sometown, CA 90723 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Oil & Gas Industry Specialist with International Refinery and Consulting Experience
Chemical engineering professional backed by BSChE, multilingual fluencies and successful project engagements with oil and gas refineries. Furnish clients with research, analysis and solutions optimizing operations, improving safety, strengthening compliance and capturing margin-improvement opportunities.
Downstream / Upstream Oil & Gas
Process Modeling & Simulation
ABC Company, Sometown, CA u Senior Process Engineer, 2010 to Present
Provide process-engineering consulting services to oil and gas refineries worldwide. Focus on business process reengineering (BPR), profit improvement, workflow optimization and safety enhancement.
- Operational Turnaround: Managed $14.5M BPR initiative that turned around performance of a Japanese oil refinery. Implemented efficient workflows that increased BBLs/day by 12% and decreased oil loss by 8%.
- Refinery Reconfigurations: Directed refinery optimization studies for clients in AK, CA, India and Mexico. Deliverables included in-depth flowsheets, evaluation of clean-fuel investment options and process improvements that improved efficiency, controls, throughput, profitability and cycle length.
- HAZOP Studies: Performed hazardous operations (HAZOP) studies at refineries in North America. Used findings to design safety and environmental awareness programs that reduced harmful emissions, strengthened regulatory compliance and lowered on-site injuries by 8%.
DEF Company, Sometown, TX u Process Engineer, 2008 to 2010
Served in lead or key participatory roles for top-priority initiatives for F500 company’s oil and refining operations.
- Plant Design: Completed preliminary process design for a proposed oil refinery in Sometown, TX. Delivered Front End Loaded Stage 2 (FEL-2) package that became the key decision-support tool.
- Diesel Production Increase: Completed root-cause analysis that identified production bottlenecks, increasing output by 20% and margins by 6%.
ABC University, Sometown, NY u Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSChE)
Chemistry Club / Scholarship Recipient / Dean’s List (all semesters)
Computers: Matlab u Simulink u Maple u Aspen Hysys / Flarenet u MS Excel and Project
Languages: Fluent in: English u Spanish u French | Conversant in: Japanese