Bartender resume sample
Want a job behind the bar? Use this bartender resume sample as a guide.
Creating a winning resume is like concocting a perfect cocktail—it’s equal parts art and science. To be a successful candidate for bartending jobs and barista jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
To see how you can mix it up on your resume to help launch your career, view this sample resume for a bartender that Isaacs created below, or download the bartender resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for bartenders are projected to grow by 2% (or 15,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York,Florida, Texas, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Houston.
As a bartender, you can expect to earn a median wage of $21,690 per year, or $10.43 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for bartender jobs on Monster.
Bartender resume template
Sometown, NY 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Maximize Customer Satisfaction and Beverage Sales through…
Guest Service Excellence | Cost-Effective Bar Management | Inventive Cocktails | Expedient Drink-Making
Inventive, award-winning bartender with TIPS® and Food Handler Certifications (State of New York). Comprehensive knowledge of bar management, cost controls and drink-making best practices. Known for expert sales skills and consistent delivery of popular cocktails.
Liquor Laws & Licensing
High-Volume F&B Operations
CLUB XYZ — Sometown, NY
Bartender, 2015 to Present
Currently tend bar for high-volume, 14,000-sq.-ft. night-club with DJ and live music, 4 full bars, VIP lounge and 1,100-person capacity.
ABC PUB — Sometown, NY
Bartender, 2012 to 2015 | Bar-Back, 2011 to 2012
Promoted from bar-back to bartender during tenure with upscale lounge serving vintage cocktails, an extensive beer/wine selection and tapas menu.
- Provided bar patrons with superior service and an enjoyable, memorable experience at Club XYZ and ABC Pub. Demonstrated effectiveness within an intimate, upscale setting as well as a high-energy dance club.
- Excelled at upselling customers from shelf to premium brands and high-margin signature cocktails. Helped drive average ticket increases of 15% and 17% at XYZ and ABC, respectively.
- Leveraged interpersonal skills and drink-making knowledge to cultivate a loyal clientele. Contributed to a 23% increase in weekday beverage sales and an 18% increase in weekend beverage sales at ABC Pub.
- Reimagined classic cocktails, providing a new culinary spin on mojitos, manhattans, martinis and other drinks that remain top-sellers at ABC Pub and Club XYZ.
- Introduced “Hatch Green Chile Margarita” at Club XYZ that won honors for best margarita in NYC’s prestigious Best of the City awards competition.
- Recommended and led training on improvements to bar inventory management, precision pouring and waste reduction that were crucial to lowering liquor costs 5% at XYZ and 4% at ABC.
Prior Hospitality Experience: Delivered excellent service, a positive guest experience and upselling success as a Server at DEF GRILL (2010 to 2011) and GHI RESTAURANT (2006 to 2010).
Education & Certifications
ABC Bartending School
State of New York Certifications
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS®)
XYZ High School
High School Diploma
Look for a top shelf job
Bartender jobs are competitive, so in order to have the strongest shot at landing a position, you need to stand out from the crowd. Your resume should resemble the bottles on the top shelf, not those relegated to the well. Could you use some help shaking things up? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Don't put your job search on ice any longer. Think of Monster as the elixir your career needs.