Bartender resume sample
Want a job behind the bar? Use this bartender resume sample as a guide.
Creating a winning resume is like concocting a perfect cocktail—it’s equal parts art and science. To be a successful candidate for bartending jobs and barista jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
To see how you can mix it up on your resume to help launch your career, view this sample resume for a bartender that Isaacs created below, or download the bartender resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for bartenders are projected to grow by 2% (or 15,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Florida, Texas, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Houston.
As a bartender, you can expect to earn a median wage of $21,690 per year, or $10.43 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for bartender jobs on Monster.
Bartender resume template
Sometown, NY 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Maximize Customer Satisfaction and Beverage Sales through…
Guest Service Excellence | Cost-Effective Bar Management | Inventive Cocktails | Expedient Drink-Making
Inventive, award-winning bartender with TIPS® and Food Handler Certifications (State of New York). Comprehensive knowledge of bar management, cost controls and drink-making best practices. Known for expert sales skills and consistent delivery of popular cocktails.
Liquor Laws & Licensing
High-Volume F&B Operations
CLUB XYZ — Sometown, NY
Bartender, 2015 to Present
Currently tend bar for high-volume, 14,000-sq.-ft. night-club with DJ and live music, 4 full bars, VIP lounge and 1,100-person capacity.
ABC PUB — Sometown, NY
Bartender, 2012 to 2015 | Bar-Back, 2011 to 2012
Promoted from bar-back to bartender during tenure with upscale lounge serving vintage cocktails, an extensive beer/wine selection and tapas menu.
- Provided bar patrons with superior service and an enjoyable, memorable experience at Club XYZ and ABC Pub. Demonstrated effectiveness within an intimate, upscale setting as well as a high-energy dance club.
- Excelled at upselling customers from shelf to premium brands and high-margin signature cocktails. Helped drive average ticket increases of 15% and 17% at XYZ and ABC, respectively.
- Leveraged interpersonal skills and drink-making knowledge to cultivate a loyal clientele. Contributed to a 23% increase in weekday beverage sales and an 18% increase in weekend beverage sales at ABC Pub.
- Reimagined classic cocktails, providing a new culinary spin on mojitos, manhattans, martinis and other drinks that remain top-sellers at ABC Pub and Club XYZ.
- Introduced “Hatch Green Chile Margarita” at Club XYZ that won honors for best margarita in NYC’s prestigious Best of the City awards competition.
- Recommended and led training on improvements to bar inventory management, precision pouring and waste reduction that were crucial to lowering liquor costs 5% at XYZ and 4% at ABC.
Prior Hospitality Experience: Delivered excellent service, a positive guest experience and upselling success as a Server at DEF GRILL (2010 to 2011) and GHI RESTAURANT (2006 to 2010).
Education & Certifications
ABC Bartending School
State of New York Certifications
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS®)
XYZ High School
High School Diploma