Business analyst resume sample
Gather all the information you need for a winning business analyst resume.
Is your resume delivering on your intended goals, or do you need to take a closer strategic look at this work in progress? To be a successful candidate for business analyst jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
To see how you can launch your career, view this sample resume for a business analyst that Isaacs created below, or download the business analyst resume template in Word.
Jobs for business analysts are projected to grow by 7% (or 3,800 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, Virginia, New York, and Florida; and in the following metropolitan areas: Washington D.C., New York City, Los Angeles, Baltimore, and Boston.
As a business analyst, you can expect to earn a median wage of $75,240 per year, or $36.17 per hour, according to the BLS.
Business analyst resume template
Sometown, GA 55555 l (555) 555-5555 l firstname.lastname@example.org l LinkedIn URL l Twitter Handle
Business Analyst | Banking Sector
Solving Complex Business Problems and Fueling Multimillion-Dollar Revenue Growth
Solutions-driven business analyst with experience leading cross-functional teams in the development, documentation and delivery of process innovations driving the attainment of business goals. Seek opportunities to transform company practices into fresh, cost-effective solutions leading to more efficient operations.
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Project Management
- Enterprise Implementations
- KPI Dashboards & Scorecards
- Data Mining & Analytics
- Risk Management
- BI, ERP & Big Data Platforms
- SAP/SAS Solutions
ABC BANK (Global financial services organization) — Sometown, GA 2008 to Present
Business Analyst II / Business Analyst I, 2013 to Present
Data Analyst, 2011 to 2013
Credit Risk Analyst, 2010 to 2011
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, 2008 to 2010
Earned several promotions due to exemplary work performance. Currently oversee initiatives designed to advance continuous improvement, competitive advantage and profitable growth. Lead business process and workflow mapping/analysis using data capture and modeling technologies, methods and tools. Analyze business, user and technical requirements for proposed SAS, web-based and system solutions.
- Completed in-depth analyses for business-optimization projects, reporting tools, back-office programs and payment-processing apps. Measurable outcomes:
— 9.2% revenue growth (2016)
— Up to 45% in efficiency gains
— $575K capital-expense reduction
— $1.1M labor-cost savings
— 97% account-retention rates
— 10% increase in referrals
- Provided executives with analytics and decision-support tools used as the basis for reorganization, consolidation and relocation strategies.
- Partnered with developers to automate manual processes, saving time and money while decreasing errors. Credited as a primary driving force behind a 5% increase in margins this fiscal year.
- Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment. Proposed solutions meeting defined specifications and needs.
- Performed quality assurance, system integration and user acceptance testing facilitating on-time, on-budget and acclaimed “go-live” of enterprise implementations for up to 12,000 global users.
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, GA l MBA, Emphasis in Finance
XYZ COLLEGE — Sometown, GA l BS in Management Information Systems
ERP, BI & RDMS Tools:
SAS, SAP ASE/Business Objects, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, IBM Cognos
Data Discovery Tools:
QlikView, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire
Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Apple iOS, Android
How to optimize your resume
Since your resume is likely to be the very first contact a hiring manager has with you, it's critical to make sure it's a strong demonstration of your skills as a business analyst, but also the value you'd bring to a company—something a professional like you can surely appreciate. Could you use some help fine-tuning your resume's details? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Take action today and find a new job sooner than you think.