Data analyst resume sample
Gather your intelligence to create a resume that can boost your career as a data analyst.
If you’re a wiz at compiling and reviewing data, but your resume feels randomly pieced together, it’s time to gather your intelligence. A comprehensive resume can help you land top data analyst jobs, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a data analyst that Isaacs created below, or download the data analyst resume template in Word.
Data analyst resume template
Sometown, WA 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Highly analytical and process-oriented data analyst with in-depth knowledge of database types; research methodologies; and big data capture, curation, manipulation and visualization. Furnish insights, analytics and business intelligence used to advance opportunity identification, process reengineering and corporate growth.
- Quantitative Methods
- Data Warehousing
- Advanced Data Mining
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Data Structures
- Regression Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Data Technologies
- Data Science Research Methods
- Research Data Management
- Statistical Computing Methods
- Experimental Design & Analysis
ABC COMPANY [Fortune 500 toy manufacturer] — Sometown, WA
Data Analyst, 2012 to Present
Conduct data mining, data modeling, statistical analysis, business intelligence gathering, trending and benchmarking. Data analytics supports decisions for high-priority, enterprise initiatives involving IT/product development, customer service improvement, organizational realignment and process reengineering.
- Data Mining and Modeling: Collected, cleansed and provided modeling and analyses of structured and unstructured data used for major business initiatives. Outcomes:
— A 15% reduction in transportation costs, resulting in $1.2M annual savings.
— Improved demand forecasting that reduced backorders to retail partners by 17%.
— Completed focus group and BI research that helped boost NW region sales by 15%.
- Dashboards: Created visually impactful dashboards in Excel and Tableau for data reporting by using pivot tables and VLOOKUP. Extracted, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics and transform raw data into meaningful, actionable information.
- eCommerce: Designed and built statistical analysis models on large data sets (e.g., Aster, Teradata) that helped increase online sales (up to 15% per product) and lowered cart-abandonment rate by 23%.
DEF COMPANY [Startup in the payment processor space] — Sometown, WA
Data Analyst & Research Intern, 2012 (6 months)
Used quantitative data gathered to develop an understanding of customer behavior, demographics and lifecycle. Presented data that helped guide decisions of the company, which has since raised $1M in seed funding.
XYZ UNIVERSITY — Sometown, WA l MS in Data Science Candidate (degree expected this spring)
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, OR l BS in Statistics (Statistical Computing Track)
Certifications: Google Analytics IQ l MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
Power user of Excel, Minitab, Tableau; Google Analytics, AdWords, SAS Enterprise Miner, SQL and Project
Get your resume noticed
There are many steps to a successful job search, but no matter what industry you're in, the first step is the same: having a solid, organized resume that will attract hiring managers. Could you use some help fine-tuning it? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Get noticed today!