Sample resume for an insurance sales professional
If you're going for a position selling insurance, you first need to sell yourself on your resume. Check out this sample to learn how.
If you’re going for a position selling insurance, you first need to sell yourself on your resume. View the sample resume below, and download the insurance sales professional resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Insurance Sales Professional Resume Sample
Sometown, IL 55555 | Phone: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Insurance Sales Professional
Entrepreneurial DEF Insurance agent with a history of surpassing customer and employer expectations. Leverage consultative-sales strengths to nurture relationships and close deals. Comprehensive knowledge of financial and insurance products, services and best practices.
ABC AGENCY / DEF INsurancE | Sometown, IL
Insurance and Financial Services Agent, 3/2013 to Present | Agency Intern, 9/2012 to 3/2013
Manage all phases of the sales cycle—from prospecting to close and follow-up support. Represent a full line of insurance and financial products, serving as a trusted advisor to businesses and individuals.
- Drove a 15% revenue increase in FY2016, outperforming “high-reach” sales targets every quarter.
- Increased referral business by 27% in 2016. Initiated an aggressive campaign of cold-calling, offering referral incentives and participating in networking events.
- Earned awards for excellent sales performance, including Legion of Honor and Bronze Star awards.
- Met and frequently exceeded the financial objectives of represented clients. Assessed risk tolerance and investment/risk-management goals to recommend solutions optimally suited to client needs.
- Provided sound financial, insurance and wealth-management services to protect and grow client assets.
ABC RETAIL COMPANY | Sometown, IL
Sales Representative, 10/2010 to 6/2012
Served as a department store sales rep while attending college. Excelled within service-oriented industry.
Education & Training
ABC UNiVERSITY | Sometown, IL
Bachelor of Science, Major: Business Management | Minor: Marketing
Designations: FINRA Series 6 and 63; FINRA Broker/Agent; Life and Health; Illinois Long-Term Care (LTC) and Property & Casualty (P&C) licenses; Financial Services Certified Professional (FSCP)
Recent Training: Long-term care, estate planning and retirement
Member: National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors
“…Carla has that rare combination of drive, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills.
She is a rising star at our company…” — Jordan Yu, Supervisor
“…Carla was incredibly helpful when my husband and I switched our insurance provider to
DEF Insurance. I know we made the best choice!” — Mary Hart, Client