Sample Resume for an Insurance Sales Professional
If you’re going for a position selling insurance, you first need to sell yourself on your resume. View the sample resume below, and download the insurance sales professional resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Insurance Sales Professional Resume Sample
222 Elmscourt Way
Sometown, IL 60000
- Entrepreneurial State Farm agent with a history of surpassing customer and employer expectations. Leverage consultative-sales strengths to identify opportunities, nurture relationships and close deals.
- Dedicated and tenacious sales expert, with a reputation for consummate professionalism and exemplary ethics. Remain current on the latest trends in the industry, with comprehensive knowledge of financial and insurance products, services and best practices.
- Passionate leader, skilled at building top-performing teams focused on impeccable service delivery and accountability for goal achievement.
- Personal and commercial insurance (auto, home, business, health, life)
- Retirement plans (IRA, 401(k), Individual(k), SEP, SIMPLE)
- Education plans (529 plans, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts)
- Long-term-care and estate planning
CARLA FOSTER AGENCY / STATE FARM INSURANCE -- 9/2001 to Present
Insurance and Financial Services Agent (Sometown, IL), 3/2002 to present
Agency Intern, 9/2001-3/2002
Develop and implement sales plan and manage all phases of the sales cycle-from prospecting to close and follow-up support. Represent a full line of insurance and financial products, serving as a trusted advisor to businesses and individuals. Hire, train and supervise sales support staff, and create a fun and productive work environment.
- Drove a pace-setting 15% increase in annual revenue in FY2007, outperforming "high-reach" sales targets every quarter.
- Earned awards for excellent sales performance, including Legion of Honor and Bronze Tablet awards.
- Consistently met and frequently exceeded the financial objectives of represented clients. Assessed risk tolerance and investment/risk-management goals to recommend solutions optimally suited to client needs.
- Provided sound financial, insurance and wealth-management services to protect client assets and grow the net worth of their respective portfolios.
- Increased referral business by 27% in 2007. Initiated an aggressive campaign of cold-calling, offering referral incentives and participating in networking events.
- "...Carla has that rare combination of drive, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills. She is liked by all, and a rising star at our company..." -- Jordan Yu (State Farm Supervisor)
- "...Carla was incredibly helpful when my husband and I switched our insurance provider to State Farm. I know we made the best choice!" -- Mary Hart (State Farm Client)
ABC RETAIL COMPANY -- 10/1998 to 9/2001
Sales Representative (Sometown, IL)
Served as a department store sales rep while attending college.
- Excelled within service-oriented industry. Cultivated positive relationships with customers and expanded business through word-of-mouth referrals.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, IL), 6/2001
Bachelor of Science, Major: Business management, Minor: Communications
Designations: NASD Series 6 and 63; NASD Broker/Agent; Life and Health; Illinois Long-Term Care (LTC) and Property & Casualty (P&C) licenses; Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow (LUTCF)
Recent Training: Long-term care, estate planning and retirement
Member: National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors
Actively involved in charitable organizations, including YMCA, Kiwanis, Special Olympics and Make-A-Wish Foundation
Articles in This Feature:
- Insurance Careers Home
- Look to the Insurance Industry for Job Stability
- Three Great Places to Start Your Insurance Career
- Insider Tips for a Powerful Insurance Sales Resume
- Tips to Prepare for Your Insurance Sales Interview
- Get Ready for Your Insurance Industry Interview
- Insurance Industry Fueled by Finance, Accounting Professionals
- Lawyers, Paralegals Work at the Center of Insurance
- Careers in Insurance Underwriting
- Can You Transition into Insurance Sales?
- Job Q&A: Claim Team Manager
- Opportunities Knock at State Farm Insurance