Operations manager resume sample
View this sample resume for an operations manager, or download the operations manager resume template in Word.
To be a successful candidate for the leading operations manager jobs, your resume will require some oversight, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For writing tips, view this sample resume for an operations manager that Isaacs created below, or download the operations manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for operations manager jobs on Monster.
Operations manager resume template
Sometown, OH 5555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
MANUFACTURING Operations Manager
Profit-driven and process-oriented manager of multimillion-dollar manufacturing operations and top-producing teams (150+ direct/indirect reports). History of strengthening compliance; improving processes; and elevating output, quality, customer satisfaction and employee morale to all-time bests. Relied on to drive top-line and bottom-line gains regardless of supply chain challenges, production-line issues and/or union obstacles.
XYZ COMPANY (Concrete paint and sealant manufacturer) | Sometown, OH
Operations Manager, 2015 to Present
Hired to lead the turnaround of struggling manufacturer, overseeing cross-functional operations and union/non-union teams in areas including production, purchasing, warehousing and logistics.
- Completed balanced scorecard, value stream mapping and workflow analysis that fast-tracked XYZ’s turnaround from a history of multiyear losses to sustainable profitability within 6 months.
- Led Six Sigma and lean manufacturing initiatives that reduced labor costs by 20% while catapulting profit, productivity and quality metrics by 55%, 75% and 35%, respectively.
- Implemented scrap-reduction measures that minimized waste and maximized production yields to capture recurring annual savings of $1.8M.
- Introduced employee-recognition programs, labor/management communication forums and career-pathing opportunities that boosted staff retention, morale and satisfaction to new bests.
ABC COMPANY (Adhesives manufacturer) | Sometown, IL
Operations Manager, 2012 to 2015
Managed day-to-day operations, supervising 150+ direct and indirect reports in areas including manufacturing production, supply chain, procurement, distribution, inventory and compliance.
- Improved profit margins by 8% while reducing quality defect losses by 15%.
- Increased the frequency of scheduled preventive maintenance on production floor, reversing a history of unplanned equipment downtime and improving monthly output by 11%.
- Spearheaded initiatives enabling ABC to meet ISO 9001 and ANSI standards and requirements. Paved the way for 7-figure contracts that included first-time wins with auto manufacturers, municipal wastewater treatment facilities and DoD weapons manufacturers.
DEF COMPANY (Manufacturer of industrial, commercial and residential flooring solutions) | Sometown, IL
Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor, 2010 to 2012
Prior Roles: Sr. Process Engineer (2008 to 2010) | Process Engineer (2005 to 2008) | Intern (2005)
Optimized manufacturing functions (e.g., fabrication, assembly, packaging, shipping) and lowered overhead (multimillion-dollar annual savings) by enhancing DFM processes and quality/cost controls.
Education & Certifications
ABC UNIVERSITY | MS in Manufacturing Engineering | BS in Manufacturing Technology
Certifications: Six Sigma Green Belt | Preparing to sit for Six Sigma Black Belt exam