Sample Resume for an Art Director
Make sure you’re advertising yourself for the best job opportunities by using our sample resume for an art director below as a guide, and download the sample resume for an art director in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for art director jobs on Monster.
8934 Maple Court • Madison, Wisconsin 53703
608.555.1961 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Leverage strategic vision, business acumen, and artistic talent to deliver high-impact marketing, print-design, and ecommerce projects
Solid success directing and implementing broad range of revenue-generating design projects, from conception to launch. Readily translate business requirements into effective advertising campaigns. Partner cross-functionally to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements. Intuitively adapt to new technology and innovative processes while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
— Areas of Emphasis —
- Full Life Cycle Project Management
- Cutting-edge Graphic Design
- Web Usability Best Practices / UX
- Targeted E-mail Campaigns
- Newsletters / Brochures / Flyers
- Press Releases & Media Kits
- Mechanical Art / Print Production
- Style Sheets & CSS
- Cost Control / Budget Administration
- Staff, Vendor, & Media Relations
Art Director, 5/2014 to Present
Clevinger-Orr Marine – Madison, Wisconsin
Efficiently lead and administer creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing and merchandizing programs for national manufacturer specializing in inflatable fishing and recreational boats.
Assess market position and trends, devise advertising strategy, and present to senior management. Create design theme and graphics focused on B2B and B2C online and print marketing campaigns. Forge and sustain high-performance production and design teams. Coordinate with Executive Director on selection of papers, inks, and various outside sources / purchases essential to project completion. Review all production materials on key projects and provide signature authority; manage operational, strategic, financial, bid review, staffing, and administrative functions. Ensure compliance with and implement corporate standards.
- Provided creative vision and concept design for $1.2M retail contract while meeting strict turnaround schedule.
- Significantly expanded online presence by leveraging talent for market trend analysis and contemporary design; effected 300% revenue increase in key channels.
- Maximized ROI by building partnerships with third-party vendors, graphic designers, Web developers, models, and broadcast talent.
Copy Director / Creative Associate, 4/2008 to 5/2014
Daneeka Medical Group – Green Bay, Wisconsin
Led user-facing graphic design / content development for physician-owned, multispecialty group delivering highest quality medical care across three states.
Interpreted complex health-related information, translating into accessible designs and content. Emphasized brand continuity across various media such as cutting-edge graphics, informational literature, and Web content. Contributed to creation of engaging and dynamic educational materials for training internal and external team members. Presented creative design strategy to various groups and fostered consensus across all stakeholders.
- Successfully completed multiphase projects involving budgets up to $350,000.
- Credited with delivering robust, focused design concept promoting launch of new specialty branch.
- Commended for proactively facilitating brand-building community events.
Graphic Designer, 7/2004 to 3/2008
Minderbinder Farms – Marshfield, Wisconsin
Developed, rendered, and expanded art concepts throughout production of advertising campaigns for region’s third largest distributor of eggs and poultry.
Collaborated with creative team to develop artwork for marketing initiatives. Conceived original designs and marketing concepts used in brochures, pamphlets, fliers, and billboards. Contributed to customer-facing publicity campaigns, assisting Art Director and Production Manager with photo shoots / projects, press proofing, and 2-D graphic design.
- Received company award for providing original and pioneering marketing concepts.
Bachelor of Arts Management, Minor in Graphic Arts, 2007
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Mac OS, Windows
Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); Google Analytics; CRM, Hootsuite, Marketo, Survey Monkey, Basecamp, Mail Chimp; HTML, CSS
Check out a midlevel art director resume sample for additional resume format tips.