Sample Resume for a Construction Manager
Get your resume in shape to position yourself for the best construction manager jobs. For guidance, view the sample resume below, and download the construction manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about construction careers on Monster.
Construction Manager Resume Sample
Washington, D.C. 10975 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Construction Manager / on-site Project Manager
- Construction manager with a record of success overseeing all phases of multimillion-dollar construction, infrastructure, superfund and environmental projects for government and private-sector clients.
- Experience includes managing crews of up to 150 in highway/bridge improvements, asbestos abatements, HAZWOPER initiatives and other construction and demolition projects.
- Backed by strong credentials and a history of on-time, on-budget and high-quality project completions.
XYZ Contruction Inc. (Washington, D.C.) — Construction Project Manager, 3/14 to Present
Retained to lead major infrastructure improvements on the nation’s bridges/highways after firm’s recent
award of $50M government contract.
ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION llc (Washington, D.C.) — Construction Project Manager, 2/08 to 2/14
Managed all phases of environmental remediation, asbestos abatement and HAZWOPER projects (budgets
of up to $125M). Consistently exceeded margin goals and client expectations throughout tenure.
SMITHTON BROS. CONSTRUCTION (Richmond, VA) — Site Supervisor / Field Engineer, 5/04 to 2/08
Provided site supervision and field engineering on a range of commercial construction, demolition
and roadway projects (budgets of up to $75M).
Infrastructure Improvement Projects (2014 to Present) | Budgets: $5M to $50M
- Repaired highly traveled, weather-damaged interstates and state highways throughout the Northeast, completing all projects on or under budget.
- Currently managing two $100M bridge improvement projects to restore compliance with safety regulations and government mandates.
Environmental Remediation & Superfund Projects (2008 to 2014) | Budgets: $2M to $125M
- Served as project/site manager on dozens of multimillion-dollar superfund and remediation projects that included multilayer landfill capping, excavations of contaminated soil, public lands restoration initiatives
and asbestos abatement in government and public school buildings.
HAZWOPER Projects (2004 to 2008) | Budgets: $5M to $100M
- Led all phases of complex HAZWOPER projects involving groundwater extraction and the safe, EPA-compliant disposal of hazardous waste as a HAZWOPER-certified project manager.
Other Construction & Demolition Projects (2000 to 2002) | Budgets: $450K to $75M
- Completed construction and demolition projects, including the ground-up build of new state courthouse, corporate offices and underground parking garages as well as abandoned warehouse demolitions.
Education & Certifications
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA(Charlottesville, VA) — BS in Civil Engineering
OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Certification
Certified in Construction Safety, Confined Space Entry, First Aid and CPR