Customer service representative resume sample
View our sample resume for an entry-level customer service representative for ideas on how to communicate your customer service skills.
To be a successful candidate for customer service jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Communication skills are key in customer service, but does your resume communicate your strongest qualifications?
For ideas on how to communicate the value you offer, view the sample resume for an entry-level customer service representative that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level customer service representative resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Jobs for customer service reps are projected to grow by 5% (or 136,300 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, Florida, California, New York, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, and Dallas.
As a customer service rep, you can expect to make a median wage of $32,890 per year, or $15.81 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about customer service careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Customer Service Representative resume template
Sometown, WI 53215
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Customer Service RepresentativeProviding Exceptional Service ... Building Loyal Relationships ... Solving Problems ... Increasing Sales
- Dynamic customer service professional experienced in both call-center and retail store settings.
- Productive relationship builder; excel at listening to customer needs, articulating product benefits and creating solutions that provide value to the customer.
- Highly professional--dependable, reliable and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
ABC Company, Sometown, WI (National retail brand with a fast-growing catalog operation)
Customer Service Representative, 9/2016 to Present
- Respond to telephone inquiries, providing quality service to customers and associates inquiring about the availability of products or status of orders.
- Listen attentively to caller needs to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Access electronic and paper cataloging systems to look up product information and availability.
- Strive for quick complaint resolution; commended by supervisor for the ability to resolve problems on the first call and avoid escalation of issues.
- Excel within a service-oriented company, demonstrating a talent for communicating effectively with customers from diverse backgrounds.
DEF Company, Sometown, WI (Sometown's largest showroom for residential and commercial flooring)
Customer Service Representative, 6/2016 to 9/2016
- Ensured customers were satisfied with every part of the flooring experience, from initial greeting through order completion.
- Memorized the company’s product offerings; contributed to a 12% sales increase for the quarter by communicating product benefits and providing excellent service.
- Recommended solutions within customer budgets and proactively followed up with all leads.
ABC High School, Sometown, WI
The Customer Focus | Creating Win/Win Relationships | The Customer Is Always Right
Available for evening and weekend shiftsLike what you’ve read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.