Entry-level IT resume sample
Are you a recent technology graduate wondering how to translate your internship experiences into strong material for your resume? For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the entry-level IT worker resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about IT careers on Monster.
Entry-Level IT Worker resume template
14 Hart Way
Sometown, MA 55555
(555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
TARGETING ENTRY-LEVEL HELP-DESK POSITIONS
- Upcoming XYZ University graduate offering a strong academic background in IT combined with excellent internship experience as a help-desk analyst.
- Consistently recognized for technical troubleshooting skills used to rapidly and cost-effectively resolve challenging technical issues.
- Quickly learn and master new technology; equally successful in both team and self-directed settings; and proficient in a range of computer systems, languages, tools and testing methodologies.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Sometown, MA
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems (expected 12/11)
- GPA: 3.7/4.0
Concurrent Employment with College Studies:
- Student Help-Desk Technician (2009 to Present): Provide networking/desktop support and perform mainframe and account maintenance tasks. Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and work excellence in providing IT support to students and faculty.
- Sales Representative, ABC Retail Co. and DEF Store (2007 to 2010): Leveraged strengths in persuasive communications and consultative sales to earn a reputation as a top sales performer for both retailers (including multiple top 10 rankings out of a 100-member sales force).
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, HDI Help-Desk Certified
- Systems: CICS/ISPF/Mainframe, Unix, Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP/2K3, Novell NetWare, Mac OS
- Databases: Oracle, ADB2, Relational Databases
- Languages: Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, ASP, CSS, C++, CGI, Perl, Java
- Software: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Lotus Notes
IT EXPERIENCEABC COMPANY, Sometown, MA
Help Desk Analyst / Intern, 2009 to 2010
Handled technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment, including system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries. Engaged and tracked Priority 1 issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble tickets.
- Researched and developed knowledge-base articles for Lotus Notes issues, resulting in an increase in first-call resolutions of 20 additional calls per week that saved company $57K annually.
- Exceeded issue-resolution targets and achieved exemplary customer satisfaction scores, consistently scoring between 95% and 100% on all calls (outperforming average of 90%).
- Handled 30+ technical/mission-critical calls daily and consistently met high service standards.