Sample Resume for an Entry-Level UX Designer
Are you looking to break into UX design? This resume shows you how to build a powerful brand by showcasing education, externships and technical skills.
Are you looking to break into UX design? To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View the resume sample for an entry-level user-experience designer that Isaacs created below to see how you can build a powerful brand by showcasing education, externships and technical skills. You can also download the entry-level UX designer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can find UX designer jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level UX Designer Resume Sample
Sometown, TN 38103
Cell: 555.555.1234 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Targeting an Entry-Level Position as a...
Strong user experience (UX) design skills | Experience in user research and interaction design gained through corporate and nonprofit externships.
ABC UNIVERSITY (Sometown, TN)
BS in Human-Computer Interaction (BSHCI) Pending
Cumulative GPA: 3.4 | GPA in Major: 3.8 | Dean’s List (5 semesters)
HCI coursework and externship projects have provided a solid foundation in:
- Usability Engineering
- Usability Testing
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- User Research & Persona Creation
- Web Site & Multimedia Design
- Web Site Strategy & Analytics
- Wireframe Production
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- HTML & XHTML
- Flash, Fireworks & InDesign
- Dreamweaver & Photoshop
DEF COMPANY (Sometown, TN)
User Researcher, 2016 to Present
XYZ CORPORATION (Sometown, TN)
UX Designer Apprentice, Summer 2016
ABC ORGANIZATION (Sometown, TN)
Information Architecture Assistant, Summer 2015
Completed three externships during summer breaks to gain experience in UX design and information architecture. Projects & Results:
- Produced wireframes, XHTML code and CSS that contributed to user-centered design (UCD) efforts for dozens of Web pages.
- Partnered with user interface designers, Web developers and UX managers at DEF Co. to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into beautiful and easy-to-use solutions.
- Completed user research to identify opportunities for improving XYZ’s and ABC’s Web presence. Efforts drove the following enhancements:
- Replacement of vague objectives with clear calls to action, increasing XYZ sales pipeline by 15% and ABC donor base by 12%.
- Improvement of core Web site functionality by fixing broken links and scripting errors, which lowered XYZ’s page-abandonment rate by 35%.
- Creation of more intuitive site navigation by eliminating misleading labels and unnecessary clicks.
- Managed usability testing for XYZ landing pages in preparation for Web site redesign. Defined testing parameters, prepared prototypes, recruited users, facilitated tests and reported results.
- Helped improve information architecture of ABC’s Web site by assisting with card sorting, affinity diagramming and search log analysis.
Online Portfolio: www._________.com