Sample Resume for a Journeyman Electrician
Journeyman Electrician resume template
5905 Oak Glen,
Sometown, CA 90307
Home: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Journeyman Electrician with seven years of commercial and residential experience. Adept in performing electrical installations, maintenance and repairs in homes and plant facilities; knowledgeable in all areas of the national electrical code; and excel in analyzing and solving problems with various electrical controls and systems.
- Electrical Systems & Controls
- Installations & Maintenance
- Electromechanical Repairs
- Blueprints & Schematics
- Generators & Transformers
- Switches & Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Code
- Safety & QA
- Wiring Diagrams
- Testing Instruments
- Motors & Conduit
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEBBB CONSULTING INC., Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2009 to Present
Retained by national consulting group to serve as a certified electrician on economic stimulus-related "green" projects. Install new or upgrade existing systems and equipment at major manufacturing plants to achieve energy conservation goals.
- Installed, maintained, repaired and tested equipment for the generation and utilization of electric energy for diverse-industry clients.
- Implemented energy-efficient solutions that saved clients hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through various projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients, resulting in a strong base of referral business.
HOMEBUILDER GROUP, Sometown, CA
Journeyman Electrician, 2004 to 2008
Apprentice Electrician, 2004
Performed electrical-related wiring and installation for commercial and residential construction projects, including new construction, retrofits, remodels and plant expansions.
- Served as journeyman electrician or apprentice on more than 100 new home construction projects as well as dozens of major commercial projects.
- Earned a reputation for expertise in complex troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Gained extensive experience in analyzing and following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
- Mastered the use of measuring/testing instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters and testing lamps.
- Consistently commended for team-player mind-set, "doing it right the first time" and working with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Electrical Journeyman's License, 2004
Certified Electrician, State of CA, 2004
High School Diploma, Sometown High School, 2003