Law enforcement resume sample
View this sample resume for law enforcement, or download the law enforcement resume template in Word.
Could your resume stand to be a bit more orderly? To be considered for top law enforcement jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for law enforcement that Isaacs created below, or download the law enforcement resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for law enforcement jobs on Monster.
Law enforcement resume template
Sometown, TX 55555 - Cell: (555) 555-5555
Email: email@example.com - LinkedIn URL
Certified peace officer and dedicated law enforcement professional with experience as a bailiff within the Sometown court system. Maintain order and ensure personnel safety during trials, hearings, arraignments and other legal proceedings.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
ABC COURT - Bailiff, 2009–Present
Protect courthouse and all personnel, ensuring smooth functioning of legal proceedings and adherence to court protocols as a state-certified peace officer.
Efficiently manage court proceedings:
- Explain rules and procedures to members of the press, gallery and other visitors.
- Announce judge entrances, come-to-order, recesses and adjournments.
- Escort juries and inmates to and from the court and lead swearing in of witnesses.
- Collect and distribute evidence from legal counsel to judges and juries during trials.
- Ensured the safe, secure and uninterrupted operations of the court as well as the swift removal of unruly and noncompliant parties.
- Prevented unauthorized weapons, cellphones, recording devices and other court-prohibited items from entering the courtroom.
- Served as a primary communications conduit and liaison between juries, judges and attorneys during trial, deliberation and sentencing phases.
- Requested as bailiff of choice by several sitting judges for high-profile and/or community-polarizing trials involving alleged murder, hate crimes, police-officer-involved shootings and other felonies.
- Earned “Heroism Award” for fast response to courtroom outburst following acquittal of an accused pedophile—prevented bodily harm and restored order in the court.
- Averted grounds for a potential mistrial by halting and reporting inappropriate case discussions between sequestered jury members prior to deliberation in a prolonged murder trial, resulting in judge’s decision to replace offenders with alternate jurors.
DEF COLLEGE - AS in Criminal Justice
TCOLE Peace Officer Certificate, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
Complete 40 hours of continuing education every 2 years