Line cook resume sample
View this sample resume for a line cook, or download the line cook resume template in Word.
In order to be considered for top line cook jobs, your resume needs to serve up greatness. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a line cook that resume expert Kim Isaacs created below, or download the line cook resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for line cook jobs on Monster.
Line cook resume template
Sometown, TN 55555 |(555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Quality-Focused Line Cook
- Culinary professional committed to impeccable food preparation and presentation within both fine-dining and fast-casual restaurants.
- Passion for cooking and service excellence, with an appetite for learning new recipes and food-preparation techniques. Familiar with an array of ethnic cuisines, well versed in kitchen cleanliness and food safety standards and excel at working all stations.
- Team player valued for positive attitude; ability to follow recipes, procedures and instructions to precise specifications; and exceptional productivity within fast-paced settings.
ABC RESTAURANT (Fine-dining Italian restaurant) — Sometown, TN | Lead Line Cook / Line Cook, 2015 to Present
Partner with line cooks in assisting chefs with prepping ingredients, cooking menu items and assembling dishes based on established recipes. Achievements:
- Promoted to lead line cook in 2017 after mastering all stations (sauces, grill, fish, pasta, appetizers, salads and sides). Relied on as an order expediter for line cooks to ensure timely and top-quality food preparation.
- Convinced executive chef and restaurant owner to pilot gluten-free pasta options and helped develop recipes. Received positive reviews for these new dishes, which are now permanent menu items due to their popularity.
- Increased profitability of 80-seat restaurant by implementing waste-reduction measures, streamlining food prep procedures and training wait-staff to prepare tableside appetizers. Helped reduce food and labor costs by 15% while accelerating table turnover by 18%.
DEF RESTAURANT (Nationally franchised steakhouse chain) — Sometown, TN n Line Cook, 2013 to 2015
GHI RESTAURANT (Fast-casual franchise specializing in Asian cuisine) — Sometown, TN n Line Cook, 2011 to 2013
Served as grill line cook for upscale steakhouse and all-rounder line cook for Asian restaurant.
- Prepared high-quality cuisine aligned to restaurant standards and consistency requirements.
- Perfected grilling skills, mastering the art of open-flame, cook-to-order specs for various cuts of beef.
- Named 3x “Employee of the Month” at GHI for work ethic, quality focus and service excellence.
Early F&B Career
Gained an understanding of front-of-house (FOH) and back-of-house (BOH) restaurant operations, working part-time during high school in family-owned diner (JKL RESTAURANT). Progressed through roles as a Busser, Dishwasher, Host, Cashier, Server and Line Cook from 2008 to 2011.
XYZ INSTITUTE (Sometown, TN) n Currently pursuing AS Degree in Culinary Arts
Certifications: ServSafe Food Protection Manager | Food Safety Manager