Sample Resume for a Construction Worker
A well-constructed resume can punch your ticket to your next job. To build your resume on a solid foundation, view this sample resume below, and download the sample resume for a construction worker in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
1001 Ridgemore Street
Chicago, Illinois 60415
email@example.com | 773.312.1278 (H) | 773.815.9002 (C)
Summary of Qualifications
Dependable, hard-working Carpenter/Framer with proven record of success working on residential and large commercial building projects valued in excess of $11M.
- Expertise working with a wide range of construction materials and equipment; familiarity with building processes, from project initiation through completion.
- Knowledgeable in general carpentry, site preparation, concrete foundations, and framing practices; able to complete multiple projects skillfully within stringent timeframes.
- Proficient with hand and power tools to include core drills, air compressors, transit and lock levels, saws, chisels, planes, rules, squares, calipers, plumb bobs, carpenter levels, and marking gauges.
- Solid communication skills and possess trade-related math skills essential to a safe, efficient job site.
- Possess high school diploma, valid license with excellent driving record, reliable vehicle, good-quality hand tools, and the ability to lift up to 65 pounds.
Opart Corp. – Chicago, Illinois
Form and Frame Carpenter, 2014 to Present
- Contributing member of small crew responsible for footings, foundations, and framing stages of multimillion-dollar commercial projects.
- Utilize broad skills in construction to participate in excavation, site-preparation and various other building processes.
- Communicate with site supervisors and team members to complete project objectives on schedule.
- Consistently assume additional responsibilities and worked extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Mentor junior team members, providing guidance on proper techniques and safety.
Ridge, Inc. – Chicago, Illinois
Carpenter / Framer, 2010 to 2013
- Gained valuable experience in building industry operations and processes as construction worker for full-service residential developer.
- Collaborated with teams to prepare building sites and support needs of project managers, supervisors, framers, plumbers, electricians, roofers, and finish carpenters throughout all phases of building projects.
- Key player on 4-member framing team responsible for delivering nine consecutive projects under deadline and in compliance with strict quality standards.
Kaddler, Corp. – Chicago, Illinois
Construction Laborer, 2008 to 2010
- Participated in broad range of construction projects involving demolition, site maintenance and clean up, materials transport, and general support of all phases of construction. Assisted framing and siding teams.
- Commended by Site Foreman for contributing to safe workplace environment by proactively recognized and reported safety hazards.