Sample Resume for a Midlevel Design Engineer
Need some guidance in designing your resume for design engineer jobs? View this sample to see how you can emphasize your engineering accomplishments.
To be a successful candidate for engineering jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Are you experienced in design engineering but need guidance in designing your resume? View this resume sample for a midlevel design engineer that Isaacs created below to see how you can emphasize your engineering accomplishments. You can also download the midlevel design engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for design engineers are projected to grow by 10% (or 25,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Michigan, California, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois; and in the following metropolitan areas: Warren, Michigan; Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Detroit.
In this job, you can expect to make a median wage of $85,880 per year, or $41.29 per hour, according to the BLS.
Midlevel Design Engineer resume template
William Foster, PE
Sometown, MD 21201
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
MEDICAL DEVICE DESIGN ENGINEER
- Highly skilled design engineer experienced in researching, developing, designing and manufacturing single-use disposables, drug delivery systems, implantable devices, medical instruments and surgical devices.
- Qualifications include a master’s degree in biomedical engineering PE certification; expert skills in SolidWorks and Pro/ENGINEERING; and comprehensive knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations, design control SOPs and various manufacturing processes.
- Medical Device Design Engineering
- Cleanroom Manufacturing & Engineering
- Injection Molding & Extrusion Manufacturing
- FDA, ISO & ASTM Standards
- Product R&D/Prototyping
- Verification & Validation Testing
- Computer-Aided Engineering(CAE)
- Finite Element Analysis(FEA)
- Design Controls
- 3D CAD Tools
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, MD
Design Engineer, 5/2007 to Present
Design Engineering Intern, 6/2007 to 3/2007
Hired as a design engineer following completion of internship to serve as an integral member of team developing innovative medical-device components and assemblies. Handle new product concept development, design, testing and simulation modeling to support the manufacture of next-generation medical and surgical solutions complying with federal regulations and quality standards.
- Disposable Products: Served as design lead on single-use disposable product developments that included top-selling blood glucose test strips (generating $12.9M to date for ABC Company) and a first-of-its-kind ceramic hybrid syringe that was rated as 15% less painful than traditional hypodermic syringes in a recent study.
- Diagnostic Technology: Participated in the design and prototyping of patent-pending MRI and ultrasound machine components that are predicted to revolutionize the industry through highly detailed imaging technology that can be implemented by hospitals and clinics at a fraction of the prior delivery costs.
- Surgical Instruments: Led design engineering on graspers, scalpels, clamps and occluders that incorporated the latest ergonomic research and surgeon-requested improvements.
- Implantable Devices: Contributed to design of balloon catheter for use by patients suffering from chronic sinusitis that was cited as one of the top medical advancements of 2010 by DEF Medical Device Journal. The product has generated more than $1.7M in revenues since its market launch.
SOMETOWN UNIVERSITY — Sometown, MD
MS in Biomedical Engineering, 5/2010
BS in Mechanical Engineering, 5/2007
Professional Engineer, Maryland Board for Professional Engineers, 2011
Member, Maryland Society of Professional Engineers
SolidWorks, PTC Creo Elements/Pro, TurboCAD, AutoCAD