Sample resume for a film industry internship
Looking to intern in the film industry? This sample resume shows how to pitch your skills and classroom training in a way that will get you noticed.
Looking to intern in the film industry? View our internship resume sample below to see how to pitch your skills and classroom training, and download the film industry internship resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Film Industry Internship Resume Sample
Sometown, CA 90750 l Phone: 555-555-5555 l Email: firstname.lastname@example.org l Demo Reel URL
ABC University Film Major Targeting Internship Opportunities
Current dean’s list film major highly motivated to secure an internship in the industry. Fast learner and hard worker with a keen eye for detail and strong command of camera and editing techniques. Passion for the art of visual storytelling, with filmmaking talents repeatedly recognized through top honors in student film competitions.
Equipment & tools
Canon EOS C500 4K l Canon EOS 80D l Blackmagic Production Camera 4K l RED One, RED One MX and RED Epic Dragon l Arri SRIII and Alexa
Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC l Final Cut Pro X l Magix Sound Forge l Acid Music Studio
DaVinci Resolve l Blender (3D program) l Apple Motion l Compressor
ABC UNIVERSITY (Action College of Film & Media Arts) — Sometown, CA
Pursuing BFA in Film Production, Specialization in Cinematography, degree in progress
Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters) l Current GPA: 3.8 l Completed Coursework Includes:
- Selected for production assistant role on three senior director projects (one of which won first place in Student Works Showcase).
- Served as camera assistant on two Web commercials for local businesses.
- Currently completing five-minute short on RED Epic Dragon.
- Interviewed renowned filmmaker Robert Rodriguez on his recent release, Red Sonja.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL — Sometown, TX
High School Diploma
- Activities: Served as lead camera operator for broadcast department with fully equipped TV studio during junior and senior years. Helped shoot and edit school’s promotional video used as a recruiting and fundraising vehicle. Filmed dozens of football games and special events.
- Top 5 Finisher (out of 150), College Division, 2016 Los Angeles 24-Hour Film Race
Roles: Director and Editor
- 3rd Place (out of 150), College Division, 2015 Los Angeles 24-Hour Film Race
- 2nd Place (out of 50), College Division, 2014 Green Short Film Competition
Roles: Co-Writer and Cinematographer