Sample resume for an information security specialist
Make sure your resume is as rock-solid as the security strategies you design and implement. This sample resume will show you how.
Make sure your resume is as rock-solid as the security strategies you design and implement. To learn how, view the sample resume for an information security specialist below, and download the information security specialist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
An Information security specialist resume template
555.555.5555 | Sometown, NY 10310 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Information Technology Security Specialist
Develop, implement, monitor and support information systems security programs
Advanced user of intrusion-detection, IDS/IPS, DLP, SIEM, vulnerability-scanning, Web gateway, proxy appliances and antivirus tools
Experience working in mixed Windows/Linux, database and virtualized/physical server environments
ABC Company, Sometown, NY | 6/2012 to Present
IT Security Specialist
Oversee security of the cloud infrastructure, serving as the main point of contact for investigating and resolving security-related issues. Develop threat and vulnerability management policies and manage SEM (security event management) system.
Virtually eliminated threats from malware, advanced persistent threats and security breaches:
- Authored security architecture design documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Introduced use of security metrics to mitigate vulnerability by analysing historical threats, addressing risks/gaps/violations and implementing improved protocols.
- Trained 150 end users on security processes, procedures and risks via the company’s first security education program, which is being rolled out companywide.
DEF Company, Sometown, NY | 1/2008 to 6/2012
Network Administrator & Project Lead
Planned, directed and coordinated network-related projects and multidisciplinary teams. Accomplished project goals on time, on budget and in alignment with corporate objectives.
Led the implementation of business-critical IT initiatives:
- Developed and launched enterprise-wide software-distribution system delivering automated software updates remotely to all desktops and devices on the network.
- Founded and built internal helpdesk and trained technical staff to provide support to 1,500 users.
ABC University, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems