Sample resume for a reporter
If you're a journalist, your resume needs to be as thorough and clean as your stories. Check out this sample resume for a reporter to get the scoop.
If you’re a journalist, your resume needs to be as thorough and clean as the stories you write. For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the reporter resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Reporter Resume Sample
Sometown, MN | (Available to Relocate) | Phone: (555) 555-5555
- Dedicated reporter with a nose for news, a passion for community journalism and a reputation for impeccable ethics.
- Six-year record of commended performance as a staff reporter for print and online editions of local daily newspapers with circulations of up to 275,000.
- Adept storyteller who treats news, features and other events with equal passion and thrives within the deadline-intensive, 24x7 newsroom environment.
|EAGLE LAKE REVIEW -- Eagle Lake, MN||Staff Reporter, 2008 to 2009|
|FERGUS FALLS JOURNAL -- Fergus Falls, MN||Staff Reporter, 2003 to 2008|
- Covered a range of areas (e.g., news, sports, business, education, healthcare, lifestyle, travel) as a full-time general assignment reporter (and photographer) for local dailies.
- Consistently singled out as one of the most prolific writers and productive story contributors among reporting staff at both papers. Never failed to meet a deadline.
- Provided complete, accurate and compelling coverage of both anticipated and spontaneous news for print and online media.
- Earned repeated commendations for excellence in writing, reporting, photojournalism and infographics.
|THE STAR TRIBUNE -- Minneapolis, MN||Intern, 2003|
|ABC UNIVERSITY -- Minneapolis, MN||Public Information Intern, 2002|
- Interned at Minneapolis' major daily and at the Public Information Department of the University of Minnesota during junior and senior years.
- Fulfilled multifaceted duties that included reporting, news/feature writing, researching, fact-checking, proofreading and headline/cutline writing.
ABC UNIVERSITY -- Minneapolis, MN
BA in Journalism, 2003
CONCURRENT EMPLOYMENT: Served as Assistant Editor and Staff Reporter for university newspaper (The Minnesota Daily) throughout college career (1999 to 2003).
- Community Journalism
- Multimedia Reporting
- News Writing
- Sports Writing
- Business Writing
- Feature Writing
- AP Style
- Columns/Op Ed Pieces
- Proofreading / Editing
- Research & Fact-Checking
- Windows & Mac OS Platforms
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Digital & 35mm Cameras
- Infographics Tools & Software (Flash, Processing, Dundas, Infragistics)