Sample Resume for a Seasonal Retail Worker
Looking to help out retailers when times get busy, like back-to-school and the holidays? A tailored resume can help you get noticed. For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the seasonal retail worker resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
One of the busiest times for seasonal workers comes toward the end of the year. According to data from the National Retail Federation, holiday sales for the 2017 season saw and increase of 5.5% over the same period in 2016 to $691.9 billion. The following retail sectors performed incredibly well this past season, from November 1 through December 31, 2017:
- Building materials and supply stores
- Furniture and home furnishings stores
- Electronics and appliance stores
- General merchandise stores
- Clothing and accessories stores
Seasonal Retail Worker resume template
Sometown, OR 89000 | Cell: 555-555-5500 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
University of Oregon Student Seeking
RETAIL SEASONAL / HOLIDAY EMPLOYMENT
Retail employee with experience fulfilling multifaceted roles (e.g., cashiering, customer service desk, floor sales and stocking/receiving) during summers and holidays off from college. Offer excellent customer service skills, a “can-do” approach to all tasks and a consistently high level of productivity.
Retail Store Operations
Inventory Control Systems
ELECTRO-RETAIL INC., Sometown, OR
Fortune 500 electronics retailer
Seasonal Stocker/Receiving Helper, 2014 to Present
Cashier, 2013 to 2014
Work during summer and winter holidays in store support and customer-facing roles. Thrive within busy environment requiring the ability to prioritize and provide exceptional customer service.
- Earned “On the Spot Award” for quick actions that prevented $5,000 in merchandise from being shoplifted.
- Served on team that accelerated the movement of received merchandise to the sales floor, resulting in a 5% increase in holiday sales.
DISCOUNT-MART INC., Sometown, OR
Largest discount retailer in the US
Summer/Seasonal Associate, 2013 to 2015
Repeatedly recruited for return employment during the summer and winter holiday season.
- Demonstrated fast learning capacity, flexibility and versatile skill-set. Worked on the sale floor (Women’s Wear/Domestics), at the customer service desk and as a front-end cashier.
- Recognized by store management team for customer service excellence and outstanding job performance through two-time “Star Team Player” awards.
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, Eugene, OR
Pursuing BA in Marketing, 2013 to Present (GPA: 3.7)
POS Systems; Computerized Cash Registers; Scanners; Inventory Systems; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)