Sample Resume for a Seasonal Retail Worker
Looking to help out retailers when times get busy, like back-to-school and the holidays? A tailored resume can help you get noticed. For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the seasonal retail worker resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Seasonal Retail Worker resume template
Celia R. Sattler
11 Oak St
Sometown, OR 89000
Home: (555) 555-5555 | 555-555-5500 | email@example.com
University of Oregon Student Seeking
RETAIL SEASONAL / HOLIDAY EMPLOYMENT
Retail employee with experience fulfilling multifaceted roles (e.g., cashiering, customer service desk, floor sales and stocking/receiving) during summers and holidays off from college. Offer excellent customer service skills, a “can-do” approach to all tasks and a consistently high level of productivity.
- Retail Store Operations
- Customer Service
- Plan-O-Gram Implementation
- Inventory Control Systems
- Cash Handling
- Retail Sales
- Loss Control
ELECTRO-RETAIL INC., Sometown, OR
Fortune 500 electronics retailer.
Seasonal Stocker/Receiving Helper, 12/11
Summer Cashier, 5/11 to 8/11
- Worked during summer and winter holiday in store support and customer-facing roles. Thrived within busy, high-volume environment requiring the ability to prioritize and provide exceptional customer service.
- Earned “On the Spot Award” for quick actions that prevented $5,000 in merchandise from being shoplifted.
- Served on team that accelerated the movement of received merchandise to the sales floor, resulting in a 5% increase in holiday sales.
DISCOUNT-MART INC., Sometown, OR
Largest discount retailer in the US, ranked #2 on the Fortune 500.
Summer/Seasonal Associate, 12/09, 5/10 to 8/10 and 12/10
- Repeatedly recruited for return employment during the summer and winter holiday season.
- Demonstrated fast learning capacity, flexibility and versatile skill-set. Worked on the sale floor (Women’s Wear/Domestics), in the customer service desk and as a front-end cashier.
- Recognized by store management team for customer service excellence and outstanding job performance through two-time “Star Team Player” awards in 2009 and 2010.
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON, Eugene, OR
Pursuing BA in Marketing, Minor in English, 8/10 to Present (Current GPA: 3.7)
POS Systems; Computerized Cash Registers; Scanners/Inventory Systems; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Articles in This Feature: