Sample Resume for an Air Sealing Technician
Green jobs are expected to grow in the coming years. View and download the AirSealing Technician resume template in Word.
Learn more about maintenance careers.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Air Sealing Technician Resume Sample
2468 Cross Bend St.
Sometown, MD 32000
LEED-certified air-sealing technician specializing in green residential home construction. Nine years of homebuilding/insulation experience reinforced by an AA in engineering, LEED Green Associate certification, in-progress LEED Accredited Professional credential and a passion for energy conservation.
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE AREAS
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Green Building Certification Institute, Sometown, VA
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Credentials:
- Tier I Certification as a LEED Green Associate, 5/09
- Tier II LEED Accredited Professional pending (Expected 8/09)
Sometown Community College, Sometown, MD
- AA in Engineering, 6/00
GREEN BUILDING EXPERIENCE
XYZ COMPANY INC., Sometown, MD
Residential Air Sealing Technician, 5/09 to Present
Partner with insulation contractors to ensure airtight new home construction or retrofitting of existing homes, adhering to high-performance energy standards and code requirements. Assist in air sealant applications; perform inspections; and ensure conformance to Energy Star, LEED and other energy-efficient and green building program platforms.
- Identified air leaks that had been missed during initial insulation applications. Applied foam to form an air-tight seal encasing homes for more efficient heating and cooling.
- Commended for thoroughness and attention to detail that resulted in blower door tests far exceeding the 0.35 ACH industry standard (with personally assigned homes earning a rating of 0.19 or better).
- Lowered energy costs, increased comfort levels and improved indoor air quality through diligent air-sealing efforts.
ADDITIONAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
Earned consistent praise for the quality and quantity of work performed as an insulation contractor (7/00 to 4/05) for ABC INC. (Sometown, VA) and as an assistant project manager (5/05 to 2/09) for SOMENAME CONSTRUCTION COMPANY (Sometown, MD). Helped build and/or insulate 250+ homes from 2000 to 2009.
Deeply committed to green building best practices in residential home construction to maximize energy efficiency, lower costs and conserve resources.
“...Ms. Myers-Lee achieved Energy Star rating of our formerly drafty, 35-year-old home.... Our electric bills have dropped by 45% as a result.... We can’t thank you enough...” -- Mr. & Mrs. Weston, XYZ Company Clients
“...Lots of folks talk about ‘going green’ but Naomi ‘walks the talk’.... She clearly explained green building ideas to my insulation contractors...we’re building much more energy-efficient homes as a result, and we have Naomi to thank...” -- J. Howard Evert, President, Insulation Corp. (XYZ Company Partner)