Computer science resume sample
View this sample resume for computer science, or download the computer science resume template in Word.
Is your resume overdue for an upgrade? Program your credentials to attract companies looking to fill top computer science jobs, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For writing tips, view this sample resume for computer science that Isaacs created below, or download the computer science resume template in Word.
Jobs for computer scientists are projected to grow by 19% (or 5,400 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Virginia, Maryland, Texas, and Washington; and in the following metropolitan areas: Washington D.C.; San Jose, CA; New York City; Seattle; and Los Angeles.
As a computer scientist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $114,520 per year, or $55.06 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for computer science jobs on Monster.
Computer science resume template
Catherine Drummond | Computer Science Instructor
Sometown, WA 55555 l Phone: 555.555.5555 l Email: email@example.com l LinkedIn URL
Student-centered, award-winning computer science instructor. Experience includes college teaching and corporate IT training as well as technical roles in programming and network administration. Day-to-day goal is to inspire students to love technology and achieve their goals by providing relevant, up-to-date and innovative learning opportunities.
ABC COLLEGE — Sometown, WA l Computer Science Instructor (full-time, contract position), 9/14 to Present
Joined ABC College’s Department of Information Technology faculty in 2014 and offered contract extension due to top-rated classroom teaching outcomes. Contribute to key college initiatives in areas such as grant writing, diversity recruitment and technology integration across the curriculum.
- Teaching Excellence: Earned ABC’s “Outstanding Educator” award (2016) for teaching excellence. Fostered student development and graduation success through instruction of undergraduate courses such as:
- Grant Writing: Wrote 2 winning grants that procured 6-figure funding from former employer (DEF Company) used for the purchase of computer lab equipment as well as course development for new cloud computing curriculum.
- Diversity Recruitment: Increased diversity candidates applying for faculty, adjunct and student openings by 20% through active recruitment efforts and dedicated participation on admissions and hiring committees.
- Technology Initiatives: Advanced eLearning, distance-education and virtual-classroom initiatives by leading college-wide training on Zoom, Camtasia and Blackboard systems. Helped faculty peers harness technology to enhance student learner access across multiple disciplines, resulting in invitations to present at national conferences.
DEF COMPANY — Sometown, WA l Technology Trainer, 2/11 to 8/14 | Programmer Analyst, 5/09 to 2/11
Transitioned into IT training role after success leading coding, debugging and testing of applications for DEF, a leading provider of educational software used in elementary, middle and high schools nationwide.
- User Training: Developed and delivered user training to hundreds of K-12 educators at schools across the U.S. Excelled at communicating technical concepts to users in clear, nontechnical terms.
- Learner Engagement: Incorporated creative approaches and interactive tutorials into classroom and webinar instruction to heighten learner experiences, win over change-resistant users and improve post-training results.
- Training Results: Accelerated user ramp-up time by 65% and drove user-adoption rates by 90% within 2 weeks post-training. Ranked as DEF’s highest-rated trainer 2 years in a row based on trainee evaluation scores.
Early IT Career: Strengthened system security, implemented robust backup/recovery solutions and improved network uptime to +99% (a new best for company) as Network Administrator (5/06 to 5/09) at GHI COMPANY (Sometown, WA).
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, WA l MS in Software Engineering
DEF UNIVERSITY — Sometown, WA l BS in Computer Science | Minor in Education
Certifications: CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
Get your resume screened
The competition for your talent is intense, so aim high. Thing is, no matter how talented you are, if your resume doesn't accurately and correctly relay your skills and experience, hiring managers are likely to pass you by. Could you use some resume reassurance? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster show you how to put your best professional foot forward.