Sample resume for a public relations manager
Looking for to public relations manager jobs? You need a resume that promotes your skills and experience as well as you promote your clients. To help you market yourself with the same enthusiasm with which you manage your PR campaigns, use our sample resume for a public relations manager below as a guide, and download the public relations manager resume template in Word.
Jobs for pr managers are projected to grow by 10% (or 7,700 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, and the District of Columbia; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, Boston, and Los Angeles.
As a pr manager, you can expect to earn a median wage of $111,280 per year, or $53.50 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn about marketing careers on Monster.
Public Relations Manager Resume Sample
Sometown, NJ | Phone: 555.555.5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Public Relations Manager | Strategy | Execution | Results
Ambitious and driven public relations strategist with extensive experience directing PR campaigns in both agency and in-house settings. Proven success developing, managing and implementing media strategies and measuring results across traditional media and digital channels. Bring to the table a strong network of global media contacts. PR Skills:
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, NJ
A not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative serving the Sometown community
Public Relations Manager, 8/2015 to Present
Oversee public relations activities and communications including press releases, social media, company literature, editorial calendars, articles, announcements and media kits. Translate complex financial concepts into crisp, jargon-free messages that speak to target audiences.
- Built a favorable brand image with customers, prospects, employees and the public.
- Grew new accounts by 17% by creating and implementing a social media productivity plan.
- Achieved an 8% referrer rate for social media traffic, far above the 1.4% industry average.
- Partnered with XYZ Organization as a RunForTheCause sponsor, not only garnering community goodwill but also receiving national news coverage for two days.
- Managed communications for launch of mobile-banking product, adopted by 70% of clients.
- Achieved a 12% account increase in the under-35 age demographic. Created a youth marketing strategy and trained communications specialists on how to write for this age group.
DEF COMPANY — Sometown, NJ
Provides media relations, PR and communications services to small businesses
Public Relations Specialist, 4/2013 to 8/2015
Developed and executed public relations campaigns that integrated with clients’ marketing strategies. Wrote press releases and stories, pitched ideas to media and compiled research and reports. Arranged interviews, speaking engagements and other media opportunities.
- Delivered brand awareness and growth for clients in banking, IT and real estate sectors.
- Secured media placement in national print and online publications, including The New York Times, Newsweek, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, and U.S. News & World Report for multiple clients.
- Established and nurtured relationships with media reps across all major news outlets.
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, NJ | Master of Arts, Marketing
DEF UNIVERSITY — Sometown, NJ | Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications
Positive pr for your resume
As a public relations professional, you know the importance appearance plays in getting you noticed. The same holds true for your resume as you begin a job search. Not sure your resume is looking its strongest? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster help you stand out from the competition.